• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia permit now accepted in Nevada!

markand

Almost 12 hours and nobody comments??? This is great news and hopefully the first of several states to recognize VA permits in the wake of the governor's "deal", which seems to have been more of a "deal" for gun owners than gun controllers. Great news. Official, too. Here's the link to the NV site:
http://gsd.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/gsdnvgov/content/Resources/Revised CCW list 04-29-16.pdf
The document is dated June 23, 2015, but note the revision date of 04/29/2016.

HandGunLaw.us also has noted the change.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Hooray, one permission slip is acknowledged by another state. The OP is excited about that ... I guess its OK for him to be excited.

But he should be working to eliminate the permission slip "needs" all together.

Hail Hydra !

Happy mothers day for those members and readers who are moms ! (except for those evil mommies)

mkatzpp

Hooray, one permission slip is acknowledged by another state. The OP is excited about that ... I guess its OK for him to be excited.

But he should be working to eliminate the permission slip "needs" all together.

Hail Hydra !

Happy mothers day for those members and readers who are moms ! (except for those evil mommies)

Hell yeah I'm excited! The more places I can legally carry the better.

I need need a legal permission slip for the right to drive and prove I'm married as well. As much as I'm for 2A I don't mind requiring a permit.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned

I need need a legal permission slip for the right to drive and prove I'm married as well. As much as I'm for 2A I don't mind requiring a permit.

You have anti-tendencies ... just an observation. You don't have the right to drive....you have the right to travel.

And why do you want gun permits? You're already married...why should you care?

mkatzpp

You have anti-tendencies ... just an observation. You don't have the right to drive....you have the right to travel.

And why do you want gun permits? You're already married...why should you care?

Why don't I have the right to drive? Shouldn't I?

solus

MK, would you like a bit of help removing that fishnet you just got snared in??

ipse

The Truth

What he's saying is driving is not a right, and I would agree. You have to be licensed to drive, and the right to drive is not enumerated in any official document that I know of. You have the right to TRAVEL, but that's not the same thing.

On the other hand, you do have the right to bear arms. It's explicitly stated in the 2A...yet some states require a permit to carry. Doesn't seem right now, does it?

mkatzpp

What he's saying is driving is not a right, and I would agree. You have to be licensed to drive, and the right to drive is not enumerated in any official document that I know of. You have the right to TRAVEL, but that's not the same thing.

On the other hand, you do have the right to bear arms. It's explicitly stated in the 2A...yet some states require a permit to carry. Doesn't seem right now, does it?

He doesn't need you to make his case for him, especially a short sighted one.

Seems abs right to me. Driving isn't a right because it didn't exist. There are inherent dangers and risks involved with driving so one must pass several tests. I feel those same things should exist with firearms.

It's pathetic that someone who has never touched a firearm can go buy one and just legally open carry it. Even though they don't know how to take it apart, clear a jam, aim properly, or keep their finger off the trigger. Not to mention mental illness, bad eyesight, seizure disorder, or numerous other issues people might have that should prevent them from carrying. So yeah, I'm in favor of a permitting process.

It's fairly ridiculous someone with zero training could be spraying a supermarket because he can't control a gun enough to hit a bad guy.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...It's fairly ridiculous someone with zero training could be spraying a supermarket because he can't control a gun enough to hit a bad guy.

What level of training do NYPD police officers receive?

Firearms training should be in public school, the same place as all other universally-needed training.

solus

He doesn't need you to make his case for him, snipp...

It's fairly ridiculous someone with zero training could be spraying a supermarket because he can't control a gun enough to hit a bad guy.

your right Mac702 doesn't as you say 'need anybody's assistance to make his case' for him...but thought you might feel more comfortable doing some lite reading...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/25/justice/new-york-empire-state-shooting/

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/cop-shot-responding-to-wrong-house-gbi-leading-inv/nnWKr/

while in our society's quest to save the almighty dollar within the educational system, the citizens have allowed administrators to remove PE, Art, and other curriculum the administrator(s) decided were 'non-essential'. therefore, to put any type of shooting sports activities back the citizens must convince society's other citizens they are worthwhile and worth the expenditure. the antis, legislatures, etc., would not stand for it.

even the nation's BSA, 4H, etc., shooting sports program's activities are fading due to lack of parental approval and flat out lack of interest from those who would participate in the programs.

ipse

Marco

He doesn't need you to make his case for him, especially a short sighted one.

Seems abs right to me. Driving isn't a right because it didn't exist. There are inherent dangers and risks involved with driving so one must pass several tests. I feel those same things should exist with firearms.

It's pathetic that someone who has never touched a firearm can go buy one and just legally open carry it. Even though they don't know how to take it apart, clear a jam, aim properly, or keep their finger off the trigger. Not to mention mental illness, bad eyesight, seizure disorder, or numerous other issues people might have that should prevent them from carrying. So yeah, I'm in favor of a permitting process.

^^^ Emphasis mine.

And the standard for CHP is "SO" much more here in VA? (Rhetorical)
Pass approved course that doesn't require knowing the law, knowing how to use a firearm or qualify with the firearm.

One large agency’s officers scored a gunfight hit rate of just 11 percent during a ten year period.
Their Academy Commander summed it up perfectly: “My officers get a hundred hours of firearms training in the academy and quarterly qualifications thereafter, but are hitting at the same rate as felons with no formal training? We should save all the ammunition, because our training program seems to be worthless!”
https://www.policeone.com/police-pro...ng-for-police/

Please dismount off your high horse!

Last edited:

mkatzpp

^^^ Emphasis mine.

And the standard for CHP is "SO" much more here in VA? (Rhetorical)
Pass approved course that doesn't require knowing the law, knowing how to use a firearm or qualify with the firearm.
Please dismount off your high horse.

No, you dismount your *** **** horse.

This wasn't about the Virginia permitting system, it was about requiring permits in general for a God given right.

To which my response is (if you learned how to comprehend), permits should be required because, in general, carrying a firearm is a huge responsibility, akin to driving a car.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marco

Emphasis mine^^^

NV is a permit less open carry state, and this is an open carry forum.
FYI, prior to this law change you could have legally carried in NV.