Thread: Parents Watch in Agony as Hidden Camera Captures How Children React to Finding a ‘Gun

Parents Watch in Agony as Hidden Camera Captures How Children React to Finding a ‘Gun

Realistic toy gun was hid in a play room while parents watched a close circuit tv and saw their kid's reactions. Kids knew it was a fake but played with it anyway. Is it not parent's responsibility to teach their kids gun safety? Why is a tv station doing it? Sounds like it takes a village to raise a child... Quoting Hillary.
    http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/l...36918551-story

The lamestream universally denigrates Eddie Eagle as ineffective in teaching just about what the sheriff said.

I have recently had the opportunity to compare my demonstrably effective parenting with post-modern good-buddy parenting. There is no way in hell than I would have a gun unsecured in a house with undisciplined kidz. My pistol was hammer down on a chambered round for my daughter's life and I have good reason to believe that she did not betray my trust.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

State Researcher
    It is also important to no note the totality of the circumstance. A toy gun, left among so many other toys, will be assumed to be a toy and played with as a toy. Indeed, once a child determines the gun is a toy, why not play with it?

A real gun loaded with snap caps and firing pin removed would have been a better test. So too would a more realistic, multi-room scenario. How do kids react to a gun found by another child in a dresser in "dad's" bedroom compared to how do they react to a gun left lying among their toys? What about a gun found on the ground in a park or playground?

Given the history of mainstream media investigative reports (exploding "side saddle" gas tanks anyone?), I wonder how many successful tests they ran before they managed to find just the right scenario to have many children fail.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

We'll never know, but on information and belief, they ran only one.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Urban nitwits "...handful of times my kid has been around a gun..." puh-leeze!

Train your kids and hold them accountable for violating the rules. My kids are trained to properly use our guns. Once physically/intellectually capable of safely operating a particular gun, kids have a right to defend themselves in their own home.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    It's a very good propaganda piece. I bet these parents did NOT teach their children about hot stoves.

Car keys are dangerous too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcqOgnQyXp4

His friend of my son in-law had given a gun to his girlfriend for protection. He had taught her to shoot and gun safety. She has little kids. He went over to her house and there on the table was the loaded gun. He took the gun and sold it to my son in-law.

the car thieving lad still made the news last year after graduating from middle school...

truly, graduating from middle school...this is a newsworthy event??? let alone interviewing the hood rat who was doing stuff as a seven yo...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    We actually did not drop the A-bombs in Japan...just have them delivered to a household of children with a hammer and a note "bang toy". The rest is history.

At least they were not playing cowboys and Indians .. that would have been racists !

I find these "news" segments hilarious myself. Like the opening scene in Naked Gun 33 1/3.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 05-06-2016 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    It's a very good propaganda piece. I bet these parents did NOT teach their children about hot stoves.

Car keys are dangerous too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcqOgnQyXp4

His friend of my son in-law had given a gun to his girlfriend for protection. He had taught her to shoot and gun safety. She has little kids. He went over to her house and there on the table was the loaded gun. He took the gun and sold it to my son in-law.
    Till the kids got badly burnt.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Till the kids got badly burnt.
    I did not teach my cat about my stove .. he figured it out pretty quick.

I guess kids can learn too....too bad some parents leave this up to them but , hey, its their kids .... (and their friends kids) .. not my job to decide if they are parenting correctly.

This is an emergency broadcast. Children find toy gun amongst their toys and begin to play with it. Oh the humanity.
    o_O?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk