• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mayor Fischer Is an Ass

poetdante

Beyond the whole down right slimy behavior with the monument at UofL, here is this gem of his lack of Americanism.

"the streets of America are awash in guns, and illegal guns as well. That is a problem that must be addressed."
5:35 mark http://www.wdrb.com/story/31905562/...ence-after-two-shot-near-pegasus-parade-route

For a man that hates guns so much, he has a former secret service agent as his bodyguard.

Good to see on FB comments with this story that people are, rightfully, blaming the lack of parenting and disregard for human life that is increasingly found with inner-city youth.

/Rant.

Rusty Young Man

There's no such thing as an illegal gun, just illegally-possessed.;)

In this case, the mayor should focus his attention on the (young) thugs who decided it was a good idea to open fire with criminal intent (something makes me doubt this was a self-defense shooting).

Ahareht

As far as his behavior with the statue, I may be joining the plaintiffs in my role as a Louisville veteran.

poetdante

I'm sure there are actual guns that are illegal to be in America. Example: those smuggled in from abroad. Sure we have firearms from abroad brought in here, but those are part of trade, not cartels and other criminal organization. How Fischer knows if there are such weapons in Louisville is something I would like to know.