Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Family of Four Awakened by Man Shattering Windows to Break Into Their Home.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213

    Family of Four Awakened by Man Shattering Windows to Break Into Their Home.

    SHORELINE, Wash. - A homeowner in fear for his family's safety opened fire and shot a suspected burglar who was smashing windows and trying to kick in the door to his home early Thursday, police said.

    Folks. Be armed because you never know when you'll need your gun.

    http://komonews.com/news/local/shore...-into-his-home

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    An incident concerning a shooting on the guy's property ... I don't see a problem for the shooter. A good shot !

    Only true morons break windows and enter a dwelling at night.

    You're supposed to knock on the door during the day and when no one answers then break in the door. In and out in less than 5 min.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    An incident concerning a shooting on the guy's property ... I don't see a problem for the shooter. A good shot !

    Only true morons break windows and enter a dwelling at night.

    You're supposed to knock on the door during the day and when no one answers then break in the door. In and out in less than 5 min.
    This works best in new million dollar homes. Knock knock, no answer, pick lock and let self in.

    Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154
    All the while shouting, "Police! Warrant!"

    Or pick an isolated home and SawzAll the back wall.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  5. #5
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,875
    or no announce service...

    the hoosier state has done it right now if the other 49 could find some cajones...

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    All the while shouting, "Police! Warrant!"

    Or pick an isolated home and SawzAll the back wall.
    That one is used by the truly wicked criminals.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    That one is used by the truly wicked criminals.
    How does one know the difference anymore?

    Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  8. #8
    Regular Member Difdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    How does one know the difference anymore?
    That's one of the main problems with no-knock raids. By the time you know whether they're police or impersonators, it's too late to resist.

    Decide to resist, and if it turns out to be a home invasion robbery, you're a hero. If they turn out to be cops, you get to go to prison for first degree murder and/or attempted first degree murder, if you survive. Decide not to resist, and if it turns out to be police they still might kill you for the flimsiest of reasons. If it's a home invasion robbery and you decide not to resist, you're helpless against anything they decide to do to you or your family.

    The only sane response, given that home invasion robbers DO shout "police, warrant!" is to open fire and hope the jury is sympathetic. There is no way to know for sure until it is too late, and lawful self defense turns on what you think you know not the actual facts.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154
    The elements of common law self-defense are four:
    1. Be innocent of instigation. Check
    2. Be in reasonable fear of bodily harm. Check
    3. Use sufficient force only to deliver oneself from evil. Check
    4. Attempt to withdraw. Impossible to withdraw further (not farther) than ones castle.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  10. #10
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Since this is in the State of Washington section, is Washington a "common law" State or has the "common law" been abolished as has been done in several other states?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    That's one of the main problems with no-knock raids. By the time you know whether they're police or impersonators, it's too late to resist.

    Decide to resist, and if it turns out to be a home invasion robbery, you're a hero. If they turn out to be cops, you get to go to prison for first degree murder and/or attempted first degree murder, if you survive. Decide not to resist, and if it turns out to be police they still might kill you for the flimsiest of reasons. If it's a home invasion robbery and you decide not to resist, you're helpless against anything they decide to do to you or your family.

    The only sane response, given that home invasion robbers DO shout "police, warrant!" is to open fire and hope the jury is sympathetic. There is no way to know for sure until it is too late, and lawful self defense turns on what you think you know not the actual facts.
    Serving of warrants is generally supposed to be done in daylight....so can one just assume at night its someone who wishes to do the occupants harm?

    And being from Chi-town, we remember the St. Valentines Day killings.

    The solution? As Neo said .. guns, lots of guns....

  12. #12
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    The solution? As Neo said .. guns, lots of guns....
    That, and choosing to live in a neighborhood where warrants of any kind are rarely served. Outside video surveillance also helps. If you see three or four guys in plain black clothing, armed with a variety of weapons, and just wearing ball caps with "POLICE" on them, chances are they AREN'T POLICE.

    Real Police like to dress up in gear that's well marked, wear body armor, and are armed with standard police weapons, not "Tec-9's, AK-47's, etc".

    A nice strong door with multiple deadbolts and a reinforced frame keep intruders out so a call to 911 can be made to verify it's a real "raid".


    Of course the risk is far less if you don't live among those who are most likely to be subjected to armed warrant service.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Police use AK's and many other guns ... don't think because they don't have any particular gun model that they are not cops. Many PDs allow their members to use their own guns too.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Police use AK's and many other guns ... don't think because they don't have any particular gun model that they are not cops. Many PDs allow their members to use their own guns too.
    Really, please provide proof of any police force of any Federal agency or of any full State, where the use of an AK47 is approved.

  15. #15
    Regular Member decklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pacific, WA
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    That, and choosing to live in a neighborhood where warrants of any kind are rarely served. Outside video surveillance also helps. If you see three or four guys in plain black clothing, armed with a variety of weapons, and just wearing ball caps with "POLICE" on them, chances are they AREN'T POLICE.

    Real Police like to dress up in gear that's well marked, wear body armor, and are armed with standard police weapons, not "Tec-9's, AK-47's, etc".

    A nice strong door with multiple deadbolts and a reinforced frame keep intruders out so a call to 911 can be made to verify it's a real "raid".


    Of course the risk is far less if you don't live among those who are most likely to be subjected to armed warrant service.
    Police do not always wear marked clothing. Take the Auburn police for example.
    Several months back I was driving south bound on A street. Suddenly their seems to be blue lights everywhere. I could see some marked cars in various locations.
    Then some unmarked cars arrived and everybody, uniformed and plain clothes, suddenly left their vehicles (still running, doors open, in the dark) in the middle of the road and ran off in about 5 different directions.
    There was no communication with the Citizens trying to get home. We just sat there wondering what the hell was happening.
    Some police went into the rail yard and others went into the neighborhood.
    The plain clothes were wearing black plate carriers without any markings and carrying AR15's.
    This was shortly after some of the domestic "ISIS" attacks this past year.
    Of course this is the same PD that I saw detaining a kid in the Fred Meyer parking lot for selling weed. They felt it necessary to send two officers wearing plate carriers and AR's.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

  16. #16
    Regular Member decklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pacific, WA
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by XDUser View Post
    Really, please provide proof of any police force of any Federal agency or of any full State, where the use of an AK47 is approved.
    After 30 seconds on Google...
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...e-departments/
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

  17. #17
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by XDUser View Post
    Really, please provide proof of any police force of any Federal agency or of any full State, where the use of an AK47 is approved.
    When do they ever care about approval for anything?

    Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •