Thread: Question reference Englewood, Golden, Boulder, and suburbs of Denver

Founder's Club Member

Question reference Englewood, Golden, Boulder, and suburbs of Denver

I am heading to Colorado tomorrow morning. I will be staying in Englewood at the Inverness Hotel. Anyone had any experience open carrying around Englewood, and other suburbs of Denver? I open carried all around Durango and Pagosa Springs before, but not the Denver area. Also, same question for Boulder and Estes Park.

as has been discussed extensively on this forum, Denver county (which encompasses denver) is a NO OC entity in and of itself within the State of Colorado.

Bottom line CC yes w/your valid privilege card, OC NO in denver/county!!

Englewood is located in Arapahoe County but remember the county/city borders are really squirrelly and can change within a block throwing visitor you in judicial jeopardy.

enjoy the milehigh city and pm if you want some insight to truly local eating establishments..

safe sojourn.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    as has been discussed extensively on this forum, Denver county (which encompasses denver) is a NO OC entity in and of itself within the State of Colorado.

Englewood is located in Arapahoe County but remember the county/city borders are really squirrelly and can change within a block throwing visitor you in judicial jeopardy.

enjoy the milehigh city and pm if you want some insight to truly local eating establishments..

safe sojourn.

ipse
    Thank you! I just wanted to see if any of the locals regularly carry without being harassed by cops... I understand the law. I do have a permit, I just like to open carry...

Founder's Club Member

safe sojourn.

ipse
    So, I came back from my one week in Colorado. I only open carried the whole time. All around suburbs south of Denver: Englewood, Centennial, Castle Rock, GreenWood village.... Hotel, eating, shopping, etc... Not a problem at all. Castlewood Cannyon state park, Roxborough State Park same thing... 4 days in Estes Park same thing... Rocky Mountain National Park, Arapaho and Roosevelt National forests (including some target practice here)... Overall not a comment on my open carry in Colorado. Great experience. On my way back Kansas and Oklahoma were completely uneventful.... In Texas I haven't concealed yet this year and not a problem here.... It's nice to know open carry is becoming normal....

Quote Originally Posted by Count View Post
    So, I came back from my one week in Colorado. I only open carried the whole time. All around suburbs south of Denver: Englewood, Centennial, Castle Rock, GreenWood village.... Hotel, eating, shopping, etc... Not a problem at all. Castlewood Cannyon state park, Roxborough State Park same thing... 4 days in Estes Park same thing... Rocky Mountain National Park, Arapaho and Roosevelt National forests (including some target practice here)... Overall not a comment on my open carry in Colorado. Great experience. On my way back Kansas and Oklahoma were completely uneventful.... In Texas I haven't concealed yet this year and not a problem here.... It's nice to know open carry is becoming normal....
    glad your sojourn was uneventful and you enjoyed the countryside.

glad the locals were able to provide you such adequate assistance.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 05-19-2016 at 10:11 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

glad your sojourn was uneventful and you enjoyed the countryside.

glad the locals were able to provide you such adequate assistance.

ipse
    ...don't make me go on up to NORTH KACKALACKY!

Where is the bitting commentary. the non-abuse of the caps key? getting soft?

...my disappointment mounts-ish...
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    ...don't make me go on up to NORTH KACKALACKY!

Where is the bitting commentary. the non-abuse of the caps key? getting soft?

...my disappointment mounts-ish...
    can't open your mouth w/o a song jumping out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bWyhj7siEY

everything is satisfacutal...

ipse

added: you know OC we are both going to get in trouble me thinks...
    Last edited by solus; 05-19-2016 at 10:41 PM.