Thread: The Arrow of Entropic Time. VIDEO. Watch closely! Listen closely! :dude:

The Arrow of Entropic Time. VIDEO. Watch closely! Listen closely!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6rVHr6OwjI

Then watch The Making of ...
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-07-2016 at 08:12 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...rm/entrop.html

Entropy as Time's Arrow

One of the ideas involved in the concept of entropy is that nature tends from order to disorder in isolated systems.
    -snip-

I see the possibility of a false assumption wherein it is presumed that order itself is the first state and disorder is a natural progression from order when I think it is equally possible that what we consider order is just another facet of disorder since what we call order is a human perspective/understanding of a state in just one point of time thus disorder itself could be the first state.

So it seems to me the arrow of entropic time could be a description of disorder constantly progressing from one state of disorder to another with order being the anomaly.
    Last edited by Bikenut; 05-08-2016 at 07:56 AM.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Ummm no. In an adequately isolated system, in an adequately described system, entropy can be measured accurately. The initial state of the casual universe was entropy = 1.0, described as 'is'.

Things get complicated quickly when a mole of anything has Avogadro's Number of pieces, like in 18 grams of water, and three spatial dimensions of location to describe.

But the video is supposed to be clever, entertaining and fun.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-08-2016 at 08:12 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Entropy is when you have a gun that can shoot 30 rounds or more without a reload. Because having so many rounds to shoot at one time results in the lack of order or predictability as to where those shots will land, in other words, a gradual decline into disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Ummm no. In an adequately isolated system, in an adequately described system, entropy can be measured accurately. The initial state of the casual universe was entropy = 1.0, described as 'is'.

But the video is supposed to be clever, entertaining and fun.
    Isolating skews the result in favor of whatever can be observed under controlled (by the observer) conditions but if one wishes to look at entropy as a whole then isolating only serves to offer a limited view. And isolating can be a method of insuring the results fit expectations.

So isolating something in order to show that order is the natural state not only assumes the isolated result proves that order is the natural order but ignores that the natural state is/could be different when not isolated.

Looking at a much larger picture I tend to think that disorder is the natural state with entropy being nothing more than the process of disorder going through all of it's states. Meaning order is just one facet of disorder. And the majority of humans tend to focus on just the one state of disorder called order because order fits a linear thought processes.

I am aware my thoughts on order and disorder are not what is currently considered to be the natural order of things. But then what is considered to be the natural order of things constantly changes as new information is discovered.

And the video was fun and I appreciate the amount of work it took to produce. On that note I think I will order some chicken for lunch.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.