• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cheese's BBQ - Washington, PA - not open carry friendly

fliptop

I had heard so many good things about the original sauce recipes at Cheese's BBQ in Washington. But the small-minded owner didn't take kindly to me open carrying in his establishment. He confronted me and said I had to put my pistol in my car. I responded, we just ordered food and drinks, if I walk outside I'm not coming back in. He said again, it has to go in the car. So my date and I left w/o paying.

So if you live in or near Washington/Pittsburgh, drop in on Cheese's BBQ at 1081 E. Maiden St. in Washington and let them know what you think.

solus

i think you made the tough call the right call, even with the pressure of being on a date.

one is hopeful they are of the same ilk and understanding.

good job

ipse

fliptop

i think you made the tough call the right call, even with the pressure of being on a date.

Thanks. We had just met and after only 5 minutes I turned to her and said, "We have to leave." She was confused because she couldn't hear what the owner and I were saying (he and I were at the bar, she was seated at our table). When we got outside I explained what happened. She didn't care and suggested we go to Jose's, which turned out to be just fine anyway.

Figures it happened in PA, I OC all the time in WV and never have a problem. Even the manager at my bank doesn't care.

Rusty Young Man

Thanks. We had just met and after only 5 minutes I turned to her and said, "We have to leave." She was confused because she couldn't hear what the owner and I were saying (he and I were at the bar, she was seated at our table). When we got outside I explained what happened. She didn't care and suggested we go to Jose's, which turned out to be just fine anyway.

Figures it happened in PA, I OC all the time in WV and never have a problem. Even the manager at my bank doesn't care.

Dude, hang onto her. Based on the limited info you've given about her, she could be a keeper.:)

Great handling of the situation, BTW. If they want you to render yourself defenseless, you can take your hard-earned money elsewhere.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Inform the business that they are now on a boycott list. Inform them that you will encourage other citizens to not patronize their business due to their anti-liberty/anti-citizen policy.