• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jose's Bar in Washington, PA - very open carry friendly

fliptop

You may be surprised to learn one of the last nuisance bars left in Washington, PA is open carry friendly. After I left Cheese's BBQ (see previous thread) my date and I stopped in at Jose's on Main St. It's a great local dive bar w/ friendly bartenders and patrons. Was in there for several hours and no one said a word about me open carrying. If you're in the area, I highly recommend stopping in!

Brian D.

Hello. I am curious--why do you refer to Jose's as a "nuisance bar"? From a legal standpoint I get what that might mean over here in Ohio (bar with adult entertainment) but not completely sure.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Glad to hear we aren't alone in Nevada. We have dozens of bars that are open carry friendly here. One of my pet peeves about the so called "permitless carry" state of Arizona is that you can't open carry (by law) in a restaurant that serves alcohol. And if you are carrying at all (you can conceal, but only with a permit in those establishments) you still can't drink, regardless of how little. One of many ways the great state of Arizona is less free than the states of Nevada and Utah. It's a significant issue for those who eat out more often than in.