Thread: Purchasing a Firearm Without a CPL.

Purchasing a Firearm Without a CPL.

My roommate from college wife's interested in purchasing her first firearm this weekend. He as well as I both have our CPL's, and for the life of us do not remember what she has to do. If I remember correctly, she just goes to the store and purchases her selection. Then keeps her copy of the purchase permit and takes the others to her local sheriff's department. Is this correct or does she have to go to the sheriff's office first to obtain her purchase permit, than to the store for her selection.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

Some random person, "I will not give up safety because of a few misplaced concerns of the uneducated." end quote...

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

Some random person, "I will not give up safety because of a few misplaced concerns of the uneducated." end quote...

don't ya just hate it when you think you are wrong...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OneForAll View Post
    My roommate from college wife's interested in purchasing her first firearm this weekend. He as well as I both have our CPL's, and for the life of us do not remember what she has to do. If I remember correctly, she just goes to the store and purchases her selection. Then keeps her copy of the purchase permit and takes the others to her local sheriff's department. Is this correct or does she have to go to the sheriff's office first to obtain her purchase permit, than to the store for her selection.
    Zounds like a lot of paperwork to exercise a right ... what do you need for the 1st amendment? Oh, I can only think of the paperwork required for that.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    don't ya just hate it when you think you are wrong...

ipse
    Then find out that you were only mistaken.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Then find out that you were only mistaken.
    Too cute?

Nice to see OCDO hasn't changed a bit...
    - Richard Henry Lee
    - Samuel Adams