Thread: Rolling Stone: Why America can't quit the ever more expensive WoD.

Rolling Stone: Why America can't quit the ever more expensive WoD.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...g-war-20160505

A tip o' th' hat to John Wesley Hall and his fourth amendment.com. No teaser to make sure our illiterate commentariat reads something beyond South Park - or holds its water.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

reiterating...Portugal's 2001 initiative ~ worked!!

nuf said...

ipse

except...bout bloody time someone had cojones to stand up and change the policy(ies)

those in blue who's living depends on the rampant terror they cause...better find another line of work...
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    reiterating...Portugal's 2001 initiative ~ worked!!

nuf said...

ipse

except...bout bloody time someone had cojones to stand up and change the policy(ies)

those in blue who's living depends on the rampant terror they cause...better find another line of work...
    But but buut but buuuuuut ... stop messing me around with facts. LOL

State Researcher
    The federal war on drugs is the left's RKBA: Even when "their guys" get into power not nearly enough is done.

The article gives slight mention to growing number of States that are legalizing medical and even recreational use of marijuana, instead choosing to grouse that Obama hasn't shown some bold leadership on the issue.

And yet, like the move from highly discriminatory permits, to shall issue permits, to permit-free carry, it is the individual States that are showing the leadership, courage, and innovation on the question of marijuana use.

Of course, lefties can't admit or praise this lest they actually give props to the principle of federalism with its diversity among the States and "50 laboratories of democracy" working much more independently of DC mandates. Heaven forbid we recognize the virtue in a little more cultural and legal diversity among the States.

Personally, I'm not yet convinced that legalizing recreational use of pot or other drugs is a good idea. But I'm thrilled to have several States taking point on the issue and providing experiments with real results that others can watch and learn from.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.