Thread: Fed Way City Council Meeting

Fed Way City Council Meeting

There is an emergency city council meeting Thursday@7:00 PM to discuss the recent shootings in Fed Way. Seriously considering going to see what they have to say and if they propagandize it with anti-gun rhetoric. I will be OC of course. Any one else?

Federal Way's 4th shooting in 2 days claims another life; emergency meeting called

The most recent shooting Tuesday night took the life of a 30-year-old man who was out jogging with his dog, police said. As in the previous shootings, no suspects have been identified or arrested. No suspect descriptions are available in any of the shootings.
    [ ... ]
    In the first shooting, a 26-year-old Seattle man was shot dead at about 1 a.m. Monday at an apartment unit in the 1300 block of SW Campus Drive. There appeared to be no link to drugs.

In the second shooting, at about 9 a.m. Monday, a 21-year-old Federal Way man was shot by a companion as they sat in a car together in the 3000 block of South 266th Street. That shooting was found to be accidental.

The third victim was found dead at about 11:40 p.m. Monday after officers responded to a 911 call about a person slumped over in a vehicle in the 2200 block of South 333rd Street. That shooting may have been drug-related, Hwang said.

In addition, Federal Way police say a 24-year-old man was shot in the leg at about 1:15 a.m. Friday after being confronted by two strangers in the 28300 block of Pacific Highway.

http://komonews.com/news/local/feder...s-another-life
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

The TV networks seem to eschew blow-by-blow accounts of serious automobile accidents and deaths. And there are so many more of them (and usually so much gorier)! Hey! If you're going to report about blood incidents, let's hear about the good, intoxicated ones! Not those pitiful accidental shootings! Sheeesh!
    Rev. Robert Apgood, Esq.

A right cannot be lost by exercising it. McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3021, 177 L. Ed. 2d 894 (2010) (citing Near v. Minn., 283 U.S. 697 (1931)).

Although IAAL, anything I say here is not legal advice. No conversations we may have privately or otherwise in this forum constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship, and are not intended to do so.

No more If It Bleeds It Leads! Good point.

I remember from my childhood, on B&W TV, all the gory news coverage of vehicle collisions.

Federal Way? Didn't you mean "Felony Way".

Look up and down I-5 and you'll notice that everywhere there is a concentration of low/reasonable cost housing there is a concentration of crime.

I live on the other side of Seattle and have noticed that every time the rents go up in Seattle or communities between there and where I live, crime stats crime in my community.

"Felony Way" is pinched between Tacoma and Seattle so they get the "crud" that flows from both cities.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by mtlhdtodd View Post
    There is an emergency city council meeting Thursday@7:00 PM to discuss the recent shootings in Fed Way. Seriously considering going to see what they have to say and if they propagandize it with anti-gun rhetoric. I will be OC of course. Any one else?
    If you go make sure you go with the recidivism stats (FBI says 67%, NYTimes says 90%) of murders committed by already convicted felons who got out prison. They want to end murder? Longer sentences is the ONLY WAY.

Banned
    Hardly something that requires and emergency meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    If you go make sure you go with the recidivism stats (FBI says 67%, NYTimes says 90%) of murders committed by already convicted felons who got out prison. They want to end murder? Longer sentences is the ONLY WAY.
    Not to mention that a Death Penalty, that's actually carried out in a reasonable period of time, goes a long way to preventing people from becoming repeat offenders.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Not to mention that a Death Penalty, that's actually carried out in a reasonable period of time, goes a long way to preventing people from becoming repeat offenders.
    The problem with the death penalty is that the prosecutors do not have to face it for their abuses of the system.

They only focus on filling the prisons and finding all brought before the courts guilty, not on truth or justice.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

The main problem with the death penalty is the massive number of people who get exonerated later. You can sorta-kinda undo 20 years in prison, you can't undo a lethal injection.

Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    The main problem with the death penalty is the massive number of people who get exonerated later. You can sorta-kinda undo 20 years in prison, you can't undo a lethal injection.

The few that were exonerated were convicted long before the technology of today. Before the days of routine DNA testing, etc.

Also many, if not all, states have revised their statutes on crimes eligible for the death penalty. The only ones subject to it are those who commit the most heinous of crimes and have been convicted with incontrovertible proof.

How about the two in Carnation that killed a family of six, including two children, all over a few bucks? Poster children for the death penalty.

The few that were exonerated were convicted long before the technology of today. Before the days of routine DNA testing, etc.

Also many, if not all, states have revised their statutes on crimes eligible for the death penalty. The only ones subject to it are those who commit the most heinous of crimes and have been convicted with incontrovertible proof.

How about the two in Carnation that killed a family of six, including two children, all over a few bucks? Poster children for the death penalty.
    What about the Worley case?

The prosecutors just want anyone they accuse to be found guilty.

Like in my trespassing case, I show up to the very first court date. The prosecutor told the public defender that he was going to go with felony threatening people with a gun, trespassing, and other misc charges. I told the public defender what had happened and she got confused and did not understand why I was even arrested in the first place. (I had arrived at 0900) They talked for a while, others had their time in court. At about 1400, I was told there were not going to charges, was sent out.

4 or so months later, was charged for trespassing.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

The few? Apparently you haven't been paying attention.

http://www.innocenceproject.org/all-cases/

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    A few? If the "technology of today" has found a "few" innocent people, how many innocent people do you suppose were actually executed before that technology was available? How many executions of innocent people do you consider acceptable? There is another group of people that are eligible for the death penalty. That group is the people that are prosecuted by the ambitious, the lazy, the incompetent and the currupt (sic) prosecutors. It is a very large group.
    gutshot, et al., please do not forget this judicial group, including judges, have immunity except for egregious errors ~ and the group decides the meaning of egregious...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned

Those who are familiar with the pratfalls of DNA testing never say that.

You actually trust the gov't in this issue? I don't trust them to put up a stop sign let alone execute people.

The death penalty is barbaric under even the most egregious circumstances.
    Rev. Robert Apgood, Esq.

A right cannot be lost by exercising it. McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3021, 177 L. Ed. 2d 894 (2010) (citing Near v. Minn., 283 U.S. 697 (1931)).

Although IAAL, anything I say here is not legal advice. No conversations we may have privately or otherwise in this forum constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship, and are not intended to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by rapgood View Post
    And yet there are some crimes where there is no other appropriate punishment. Like the murder of a prison guard by an inmate AKREADY SERVING A LIFE SENTENCE.

So they gave him another life sentence as his punishment. That'll satisfy the need for justice ------- until he kills again in prison.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1345060

'Solve' two birds with one stone. Arm the isolated incarcerated lifers.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rapgood View Post
    +1

I am happy to report I had a small part in the new libertarian party platform that doesn't approve of state's use of the death penalty.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)