• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fed Way City Council Meeting

mtlhdtodd

There is an emergency city council meeting Thursday@7:00 PM to discuss the recent shootings in Fed Way. Seriously considering going to see what they have to say and if they propagandize it with anti-gun rhetoric. I will be OC of course. Any one else?

rapgood

The TV networks seem to eschew blow-by-blow accounts of serious automobile accidents and deaths. And there are so many more of them (and usually so much gorier)! Hey! If you're going to report about blood incidents, let's hear about the good, intoxicated ones! Not those pitiful accidental shootings! Sheeesh!

amlevin

Federal Way? Didn't you mean "Felony Way".

Look up and down I-5 and you'll notice that everywhere there is a concentration of low/reasonable cost housing there is a concentration of crime.

I live on the other side of Seattle and have noticed that every time the rents go up in Seattle or communities between there and where I live, crime stats crime in my community.

"Felony Way" is pinched between Tacoma and Seattle so they get the "crud" that flows from both cities.

Alpine

There is an emergency city council meeting Thursday@7:00 PM to discuss the recent shootings in Fed Way. Seriously considering going to see what they have to say and if they propagandize it with anti-gun rhetoric. I will be OC of course. Any one else?

If you go make sure you go with the recidivism stats (FBI says 67%, NYTimes says 90%) of murders committed by already convicted felons who got out prison. They want to end murder? Longer sentences is the ONLY WAY.

amlevin

If you go make sure you go with the recidivism stats (FBI says 67%, NYTimes says 90%) of murders committed by already convicted felons who got out prison. They want to end murder? Longer sentences is the ONLY WAY.

Not to mention that a Death Penalty, that's actually carried out in a reasonable period of time, goes a long way to preventing people from becoming repeat offenders.

Freedom1Man

Not to mention that a Death Penalty, that's actually carried out in a reasonable period of time, goes a long way to preventing people from becoming repeat offenders.
The problem with the death penalty is that the prosecutors do not have to face it for their abuses of the system.

They only focus on filling the prisons and finding all brought before the courts guilty, not on truth or justice.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Difdi

The main problem with the death penalty is the massive number of people who get exonerated later. You can sorta-kinda undo 20 years in prison, you can't undo a lethal injection.

amlevin

The main problem with the death penalty is the massive number of people who get exonerated later. You can sorta-kinda undo 20 years in prison, you can't undo a lethal injection.

The few that were exonerated were convicted long before the technology of today. Before the days of routine DNA testing, etc.

Also many, if not all, states have revised their statutes on crimes eligible for the death penalty. The only ones subject to it are those who commit the most heinous of crimes and have been convicted with incontrovertible proof.

How about the two in Carnation that killed a family of six, including two children, all over a few bucks? Poster children for the death penalty.

Freedom1Man

The few that were exonerated were convicted long before the technology of today. Before the days of routine DNA testing, etc.

Also many, if not all, states have revised their statutes on crimes eligible for the death penalty. The only ones subject to it are those who commit the most heinous of crimes and have been convicted with incontrovertible proof.

How about the two in Carnation that killed a family of six, including two children, all over a few bucks? Poster children for the death penalty.
What about the Worley case?

The prosecutors just want anyone they accuse to be found guilty.

Like in my trespassing case, I show up to the very first court date. The prosecutor told the public defender that he was going to go with felony threatening people with a gun, trespassing, and other misc charges. I told the public defender what had happened and she got confused and did not understand why I was even arrested in the first place. (I had arrived at 0900) They talked for a while, others had their time in court. At about 1400, I was told there were not going to charges, was sent out.

4 or so months later, was charged for trespassing.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

solus

A few? If the "technology of today" has found a "few" innocent people, how many innocent people do you suppose were actually executed before that technology was available? How many executions of innocent people do you consider acceptable? There is another group of people that are eligible for the death penalty. That group is the people that are prosecuted by the ambitious, the lazy, the incompetent and the currupt (sic) prosecutors. It is a very large group.

gutshot, et al., please do not forget this judicial group, including judges, have immunity except for egregious errors ~ and the group decides the meaning of egregious...:banghead:

ipse

davidmcbeth

Banned

Those who are familiar with the pratfalls of DNA testing never say that.

You actually trust the gov't in this issue? I don't trust them to put up a stop sign let alone execute people.

amlevin

The death penalty is barbaric under even the most egregious circumstances.

And yet there are some crimes where there is no other appropriate punishment. Like the murder of a prison guard by an inmate AKREADY SERVING A LIFE SENTENCE.

So they gave him another life sentence as his punishment. That'll satisfy the need for justice ------- until he kills again in prison.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/inmate-sentenced-death-killing-wash-guard-article-1.1345060