Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SB 656 Truly Agreed and Finally Passed

SB 656 Truly Agreed and Finally Passed

http://www.senate.mo.gov/16info/BTS_...illID=22246426

The newest omnibus bill is out of the legislature and onto Wrong Way Jay. I expect a veto, and an override.

I'm not sure what's in the final bill. I didn't see it posted yet, but I liked what came out of the House. Of course, we're not done yet, but I'm not going to complain about more incremental progress.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-22-2016 at 02:56 PM. Reason: fix title

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post

The newest omnibus bill is out of the legislature and onto Wrong Way Jay. I expect a veto, and an override.

I'm not sure what's in the final bill. I didn't see it posted yet, but I liked what came out of the House. Of course, we're not done yet, but I'm not going to complain about more incremental progress.

Think you mean SB 656. As I understand it, it includes the original provision for CCW fee caps, military personnel having extra time to renew, along with Constitutional Carry and stand your ground.

Yeah, mistype. I'm not sure I'd call it Constitutional Carry, as long as RsMO 21.750 is around either. Did the public transportation carry make it in?

Yeah, mistype. I'm not sure I'd call it Constitutional Carry, as long as RsMO 21.750 is around either. ...
    Among other "deficiencies", I agree. The politicians want full credit for doing less than half the job.

Don't get me wrong, I'm way more pleased than super happy. But, the laws continue to get better, and every year the antis predict dire results that don't happen. They're losing credibility quickly and we're getting freedoms restored. I'll be curious to see what next year brings.

Yeah, mistype. I'm not sure I'd call it Constitutional Carry, as long as RsMO 21.750 is around either. Did the public transportation carry make it in?

I don't think so. Campus carry was also dropped I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    I don't think so. Campus carry was also dropped I believe.
    You are right, both were drop before the final vote.

I can't find the votes. Did they have enough for an override?

Yes, there was.

Grrr the title bugs me every time I see this. KCgunfan will you (or Grapeshot if you see this) please edit the thread title to correctly read "SB 656..."

Also, for anyone interested, here's the link to the senate page with the entire bill as "Truly Agreed to and Finally Passed" as it went to the governor. http://www.senate.mo.gov/16info/pdf-bill/tat/SB656.pdf

Incremental improvement overall, IMO.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    Grrr the title bugs me every time I see this. KCgunfan will you (or Grapeshot if you see this) please edit the thread title to correctly read "SB 656..."

Also, for anyone interested, here's the link to the senate page with the entire bill as "Truly Agreed to and Finally Passed" as it went to the governor. http://www.senate.mo.gov/16info/pdf-bill/tat/SB656.pdf

Incremental improvement overall, IMO.
    Done.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Done.
    Thank you.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

so how does this work exactly? you CC and they ask for a permit pursuant to 21.750 and you can't provide one....... then what?

it apparently is no longer a felony charge, or misdemeanor... do they get right to detain until they can figure out what your doing? or what?

there is some serious holes here.

Can localities still require a CC permit in order to OC?

Quote Originally Posted by campfire View Post
    Can localities still require a CC permit in order to OC?
    Yes, both currently now and after SB656 becomes law (assuming it does.) But you will be able to CC without a CCW permit after SB656 though. It doesn't have to make sense, it's only the law.

While the MO legislature is making news about this bill (which doesn't do much, IMHO), maybe they should be talked to about NOT making public transportation second-class citizens:

http://fox2now.com/2016/06/28/metrol...ught-on-video/

"MetroLink security guard beating caught on video"

Yep, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    so how does this work exactly? you CC and they ask for a permit pursuant to 21.750 and you can't provide one....... then what?

it apparently is no longer a felony charge, or misdemeanor... do they get right to detain until they can figure out what your doing? or what?

there is some serious holes here.
    The same way as before. SB656 changes nothing in relationship to this. I've never been asked for my permit and KC though, and I suspect that's KCPD policy, because enforcement of this is on quite shaky ground.

I'm sure Bloomberg's army is attempting to twist at least 3 Senator's arms to try to get them to vote NO to override. Hopefully they hold fast. Always got to worry about defectors.
    In WV we had several defectors on our ConCarry veto override, even though there was no way in hell they were going to stop it.

Anybody hear anything new about a veto override on this? I guess it's been pretty quiet since the veto session isn't for another 2-3 weeks. I don't find any new news articles about it except for a few antis and NRA-ILA...

9/14 is the veto override session start, it's typically one or two days full of craziness. I expect this to come up for voting and approved by the super majority over the Governor's veto.

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    Anybody hear anything new about a veto override on this? I guess it's been pretty quiet since the veto session isn't for another 2-3 weeks. I don't find any new news articles about it except for a few antis and NRA-ILA...
    I haven't heard anything new, which is probably good. Several legislators who passed the bill said they were confident the veto would be overridden. There doesn't seem to be any additional political pressure, so my guess is all votes will hold, or at least enough for override.

2 More days until the override session correct? I cannot recall, is there a way to listen in to this session live?
    Last edited by bmhenry; 09-12-2016 at 10:09 AM.

Usually there is, and there was last year.

The wavering has already begun.

http://www.semissourian.com/story/2338550.html

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast