Thread: The Well Armed Woman shooting chapter starts June in Stevens Point.

The Well Armed Woman shooting chapter starts June in Stevens Point.

The Central Wisconsin shooting shapter will meet the second Thursday of each month at Zingers & Flingers, along Marathon County O near Marathon City, and the third Thursday each month at Dewey Shooting Range on Willow Springs Drive in Stevens Point. To join or attend, contact the Stevens Point chapter at TWAWSPWI@hotmail.com or call 715-550-5725. Participants will be required to pay range fees and costs of ammunition or firearm rentals. The annual membership dues are $50 and first-time attendees are not required to join.

http://www.marshfieldnewsherald.com/...ey=&autologin=
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-14-2016 at 09:24 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    They're teaching women to intrude?

"The local chapter will give women of all experience levels the opportunity to be introduced to issues important to female shooters, like safe gun handling skills, general self-defense tactics, and intruder training, Morrill said."
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-14-2016 at 10:06 AM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    They're teaching women to intrude?

"The local chapter will give women of all experience levels the opportunity to be introduced to issues important to female shooters, like safe gun handling skills, general self-defense tactics, and intruder training, Morrill said."

English literature will not be covered ...

Zingers and Flingers is a new facility opened up this past year. My wife and I have been there several times when the weather was cold. We have a place to shoot outside when it is nice, but indoors is much more friendly when it is -30 or so. It is a great place, and the people are friendly, helpful, and down to earth. They have a 20? shooting lanes, 10 basic and 10 advanced. They have started some shooting competitions and such, tho with me being gone long hours we have not gotten involved. There have always been a few women shooters there when we were there. I don't have much experience with indoor ranges, other than one other place, but I highly recommend this one.

They have some supplies, guns and rental guns, but they were just getting kind of set up in that area when we were there and to be honest, the showroom was kind of sparse. But, I have no doubt they will get it together nicely.
    Last edited by Wstar425; 05-14-2016 at 01:19 PM.

The Well Armed Woman

Thanks for posting. I personally would like to see more posts regarding The Well Armed Woman, hopefully from the women. Once we get to our next duty station I am in hopes of getting my wife involved with this group to help her learn from others who carry a weapon from the women's point of view. My wife and I are totally different people. It can be hard to ensure she is properly trained with just my point of view.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The Central Wisconsin shooting shapter will meet the second Thursday of each month at Zingers & Flingers, along Marathon County O near Marathon City, and the third Thursday each month at Dewey Shooting Range on Willow Springs Drive in Stevens Point. To join or attend, contact the Stevens Point chapter at TWAWSPWI@hotmail.com or call 715-550-5725. Participants will be required to pay range fees and costs of ammunition or firearm rentals. The annual membership dues are $50 and first-time attendees are not required to join.

Quote Originally Posted by PerBast View Post
    Thanks for posting. I personally would like to see more posts regarding The Well Armed Woman, hopefully from the women. Once we get to our next duty station I am in hopes of getting my wife involved with this group to help her learn from others who carry a weapon from the women's point of view. My wife and I are totally different people. It can be hard to ensure she is properly trained with just my point of view.

Michael
    I agree, but think it will be tough to make happen. My wife shoots mostly because I want her to, and it's something we do together. Also, I was unable to see and/or get her to stop some bad habits she had that were affecting her accuracy. An outside instructor was able to see some problems in just a couple of shots and get her on the right track. Partly I wasn't that advanced, and partly she wouldn't listen to me. Some things like driving a stick shift, and maybe shooting, shouldn't be taught by a spouse!!??!😳😳😁

She would never come here, or to any other gun site, I doubt. I have gotten her to carry on the trail while walking the dog, in a mostly wooded area. But, She will not carry in town or if I am along as she knows I will be carrying. It's about 99 percent that she knows it makes me happy, and 1 percent she sees some value in being armed.

Banned

Nothing wrong with that ...

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

Nothing wrong with that ...
    Except I believe in giving them a lot more courtesy and respect for their abilities than that.

They don't deserve to be referred to so condescendingly.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Wstar425 View Post
    [ ... ]Some things like driving a stick shift, and maybe shooting, shouldn't be taught by a spouse!!??! [ ... ]
    The wisdom of age, the ages, the aged!

[QUOTE=Wstar425;2191093]snipp...

Some things like driving a stick shift, and maybe shooting, shouldn't be taught by a spouse!!??!😳😳😁

/QUOTE]

nor to your adolescent offspring...best left to the professionals and $$$ well worth the peace of mind and maintaining the family harmony.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Teaching the scions is the first duty of a parent, be it discipline, driving, or gun safety. A professional may add polish but the basics are the parents first responsibility.

As the scion twig is bent so grows the tree.

My father was a meticulous driver and Kentucky mountain-boy shooter that taught at the end of a belt. I took commercial driver training and performance driving training. I learned gun safety from my father and polish with commercial shooting training.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-18-2016 at 09:36 AM.

The Well Armed Women and spouses

Quote Originally Posted by Wstar425 View Post
    I agree, but think it will be tough to make happen. My wife shoots mostly because I want her to, and it's something we do together. Also, I was unable to see and/or get her to stop some bad habits she had that were affecting her accuracy. An outside instructor was able to see some problems in just a couple of shots and get her on the right track. Partly I wasn't that advanced, and partly she wouldn't listen to me. Some things like driving a stick shift, and maybe shooting, shouldn't be taught by a spouse!!??!������

She would never come here, or to any other gun site, I doubt. I have gotten her to carry on the trail while walking the dog, in a mostly wooded area. But, She will not carry in town or if I am along as she knows I will be carrying. It's about 99 percent that she knows it makes me happy, and 1 percent she sees some value in being armed.
    Afternoon
    I can relate to your post. Yes, trying to initially teach my wife to drive a stick shift was a royal pain. I have been lucky. My wife seems to love to shoot and carries her side arm pretty much everywhere. It took a little time getting her used to carrying it everyday to include in the house.

I am in hopes that an outside instructor will help both her and I shoot more accurately.

Michael