Thread: Can someone explain me this no gun sign

Can someone explain me this no gun sign

This area is all part of the national forest off route 89a that goes through Oak Creek Canyon. I OC throughout the area but came across this no gun sign at the Oak Creek Vista scenic overlook. The native indian vendors are selling stuff here as well.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/xllele.jpg
    Last edited by DTOM2nd; 05-16-2016 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Img to large for uploading, when using img tags the pic appeared up side down. Posting this thread from cel phone ain't easy.

Since it's a building, and you can't carry in Federal buildings, it means "No carry in the building".

Been there, open carrying, btw. Cool overlook and neat vendors/products.
    Last edited by BB62; 05-16-2016 at 09:35 AM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DTOM2nd View Post
    This area is all part of the national forest off route 89a that goes through Oak Creek Canyon. I OC throughout the area but came across this no gun sign at the Oak Creek Vista scenic overlook. The native indian vendors are selling stuff here as well.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/xllele.jpg
    ˙ʍǝıʌ oʇ pɹɐɥ ʇı ƃuıʞɐɯ uʍop ǝpısdn sı ǝɹnʇɔıd ɹnoʎ

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Looks to me that sign is saying don't sneak up behind a schnauzer w a pistol - probably should shoot them from a distance w a rifle...
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

...what's wrong with the photo?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    Says no 9mm pistols allowed?

What do they have against Berettas?

Hard to tell what the building is, but if federal employees conduct their business inside, that makes it a federal facility.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Hard to tell what the building is, but if federal employees conduct their business inside, that makes it a federal facility.
    How you going to know unless you go inside? Its a trap ?

Since I didn't asked the 2nd question.
    Does the no gun sign apply inside that small unit only and not the area? And why they have it on the inside? One of you already mention, a trap maybe? But then again, the reason those signs are is on the inside of the door because during open hours, the door is always open.

Does the no gun sign apply inside that small unit only and not the area? And why they have it on the inside? One of you already mention, a trap maybe? But then again, the reason those signs are is on the inside of the door because during open hours, the door is always open.
    the commander answered your question quite nicely and no does not apply for the 'outside' area.

as for a trap...you must look to the messenger of that posting that you got sucked in on...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Upon further inspection, it seems the rule is...if you see a dog in the facility you may not shoot the dog...except if the dog is a guide dog, which is allowed in the facility, then blast away...
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Does the no gun sign apply inside that small unit only and not the area?...
    Correct.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    (h) Notice of the provisions of subsections (a) and (b) shall be posted conspicuously at each public entrance to each Federal facility, and notice of subsection (e) shall be posted conspicuously at each public entrance to each Federal court facility, and no person shall be convicted of an offense under subsection (a) or (e) with respect to a Federal facility if such notice is not so posted at such facility, unless such person had actual notice of subsection (a) or (e), as the case may be.
    Is posting an image of a gun with a slash thru it, and all contained within a circle, sufficient to legally comply with the signage requirements of the statute?

I think not!