Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man adjusting their gun shoots themself in ankle and wounds another at HS graduation

Man adjusting their gun shoots themself in ankle and wounds another at HS graduation

A man carrying a concealed pistol in his sock accidentally shot himself in the foot and injured a woman during a graduation ceremony in Kansas Sunday.

It was in his sock," Augusta Director of Public Safety Tyler Brewer told reporters Sunday. "It was being uncomfortable for him. He went to adjust his sock. The weapon went off (and) struck him in the foot."

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-l...igh-sch/nrNXb/

another CC'r shows their skill.

bad gun for being uncomfortable and going off ...bad gun.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 05-17-2016 at 07:40 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

I got the guy with the gun in his sock part, but who else possessed the gun to make it "their gun shoots?" Them's some substantial socks.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I got the guy with the gun in his sock part, but who else possessed the gun to make it "their gun shoots?" Them's some substantial socks.
    [emoji38]

Semper Fi

Banned
    Lucky he was not mexican carrying.....all is well

Never heard of a sock party?
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Quote Originally Posted by Batousaii View Post
    Never heard of a sock party?
    Yes, two different type and both involve a beating.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

All the training in the world can't fix stupid.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    All the training in the world can't fix stupid.
    Gotta keep on keeping the booger hook off the trigger until one has acquired the target, is aware of the background, and has determined that firing the gun is less problematic that potential legal problem for firing the gun!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Don't they make ankle holsters?

and if your finding it uncomfortable, maybe it is best to take care of the situation else where.. or buy a gun with a safety and keep it engaged while you have it stuffed in your sock...

Don't think I have ever heard of a negligent discharge from an Open Carrier. Always cc'ers.
    Chuck Norris/Ted Nugent That's the ticket for 2016!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    Don't they make ankle holsters?

and if your finding it uncomfortable, maybe it is best to take care of the situation else where.. or buy a gun with a safety and keep it engaged while you have it stuffed in your sock...

They do make gun socks too ....

Amazing how quickly a "good guy with a gun" can turn into a danger to himself and those around him. Definitely not militia material.

Its the second time that a Connersville, Indiana Police Chief shot himself in while handling a firearm.

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/0...e-second-time/
    Twice!
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    Amazing how quickly a "good guy with a gun" can turn into a danger to himself and those around him. Definitely not militia material.
    So, how long will your recovery take?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    you know.. maybe it's that no child left behind common core crap you guys went for that created this dilapidated pile of crap with no common sense that walks amongst us in society.

of course suggesting this truth is just finger pointing and all.
    Last edited by Ezek; 05-23-2016 at 05:19 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Twice!
    WHAT?

He needs to be retrained retired.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    WHAT?

He needs to be retrained retired.
    It does not appear that he is employed as a top cop.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Twice!
    An actual verifiable ND that was not due to finger on the trigger, of course it was a Glock. Not that Glock is to blame, but this would not have happened with a gun cocked, and locked.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    An actual verifiable ND that was not due to finger on the trigger, of course it was a Glock. Not that Glock is to blame, but this would not have happened with a gun cocked, and locked.
    Personally I always check to be sure that no obstructing material, a sweatshirt in the case of the chief, impedes a safe re-holstering of my handgun.

Some folks have a view that "accidents" are unavoidable where firearm safety is concerned, we are human and we make "mistakes." After nearly 40 years, not once have I come close to a unintentional discharge of any firearm I have handled.
    One of the dirty little secrets in the annals of police firearms training is the number of accidental discharges we experience (I prefer the term negligent discharge, because very few of these are a genuine accident). Most of these unintentional rounds are let loose because the gun handler broke one of the safety rules, so a review, of the four basic gun safety rules is in order.

https://www.policeone.com/police-pro...ent-discharge/
    Zero lapses in the safe handling of a firearm is the minimum expectation as far as I am concerned.

Incidentally, I have not invited back kinfolk to hunt my land if I witness any lapse in firearm safety. This includes "sweeping" even if I know the gun is unloaded.

After nearly 40 years, not once have I come close to a unintentional discharge of any firearm I have handled. Zero lapses in the safe handling of a firearm is the minimum expectation as far as I am concerned.
    +1

But recall what Rumsfeld said! "Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns the ones we don't know we don't know." (http://archive.defense.gov/Transcrip...nscriptID=2636)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    +1

But recall what Rumsfeld said! "Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns the ones we don't know we don't know." (http://archive.defense.gov/Transcrip...nscriptID=2636)
    +1

Rumsfeld..."met" him back in 1983 when we stopped off in Haifa for a liberty. Nothing to remember for he. I was the belowdecks watch when he came aboard for a quick tour of one of them there fancy new, high falutin, 688 fast boats.

Take Chief Larry O'Dea of the Portland PD.
    The police chief in Portland, Ore. was placed on administrative leave Tuesday amid an investigation into whether he misled authorities about his involvement in an accidental shooting last month.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/25...?intcmp=hplnws
    It is amazing to hear folks in the media, and elsewhere, not voice the obvious, they dance around "it" where cops are concerned. Must not affect the image that cops are professionals where the safe handling of firearms are concerned and this is why only cops should be permitted to carry (OC) in public.

Negligence is the term, a negligent discharge is proof that a citizen should not carry a gun on a daily basis. He is a danger not only to himself, but those around him.

...isn't that right Chief Larry O'Dea of the Portland PD...

harsh OC for me to bring up the poor chief's misadventure(s) quote: ODea indicated to a deputy responding to the scene that his friend accidentally shot himself April 21 during a hunting trip. Harney County Sheriff Dave Ward told them ODea indicated Ward says ODea never identified himself as a police officer and didnt tell responding deputies that he had fired the shot from his rifle. ODea on Friday acknowledged to the public that hed shot and injured a 54-year-old friend in the back. unquote...

shades of dick's hunting adventures...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Twice!
    Glock 23. Why is it that Glock seems to be significantly more synonymous with negligent discharge than other brands?
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Glock 23. Why is it that Glock seems to be significantly more synonymous with negligent discharge than other brands?
    It is just better at helping stupid people identify themselves.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Look to whom GLOCK markets. I believe GLOCK's market is more susceptible to negligent discharge than other markets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast