Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Skidmark, Paul Henick

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

RIP Skidmark, Paul Henick

We lost one of our strongest supporters of freedom and RKBA this morning.

He succumbed to multiple infirmities/complications at 12:03 am, Wed., May 18th, 2016

His depth of knowledge and pointed dry wit will be sorely missed.

We must find a way to celebrate his life, not just mourn our loss.

My heart is extremely heavy, but truly believe he is now in a better place.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-30-2016 at 08:19 AM. Reason: fixed it
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I never met the man in person, but feel from his posts that I know him well. He will be missed for being who he was, and a great man, this is a great loss.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

We have now lost 2 great men this month. Skid, like Peter Nap was a walking education machine, especially on the 2nd Amendment and just about any other rights under the Constitution. Both friends will be missed and can never be replaced.

Wowwie!!!

This is more than I can stand,, I have no words, right now to say, Its Overwhelming!
    Glad to have known Paul, if only thru his posts and some pics.
    It is a tragic loss, when we need folks of his stature and good will.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Banned
    RIP Skidmark ....

I'm lost for what to say. In just three weeks we've lost two of the best friends a person could find on this site
    JFT 96

I'm sorry, did I offend you with my opinion?
    You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

Porthos, Athos, and Aramis = peter nap, skidmark and Grapeshot, d'Artagnan = ?

I have all of those same feelings, sentiments too…,

SMH, this is a real 1-2 punch to the gut, two of the "Three Musketeers" now dearly departed, such knowledge, such sounding boards, such confidants and companions, such teachers and tellers we might never have again in this life. Perhaps the Heavenly Father has spared them the worst to come. I have to think that way to keep from going silly crazy and keep my composure, make some sense of it all.

Lord help ME/ALL OF US to be ready.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29:11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    RIP!!!!! I'm 66 and there are a number of us that are that old or older on this forum that have been carrying the torch for years. Giving our knowledge free of charge; right, wrong or indifferent. I just hope there are enough youngins to carry the torch further down the road. RIP!
    Last edited by color of law; 05-18-2016 at 09:19 AM.

Lost another good guy my heart is heavy but know now he is free watching over us like Don.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Never met the man (missed out because he didn't locate the meeting place ), but have always appreciated his posts. The loss is to all of us. RIP, Skid.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    There are no words.

RIP, my friend.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

That is a blow. He was a good friend. It has been a one-two punch to the gut, hasn't it?
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

This is a loss. It should also be a wake up call to each and every one of us, that we need to step up and make sure not only that we continue to carry the torch that is his (and Peter Nap's) legacy, but that we do everything that we can to pass that torch along to future generations.

I'm sure that there's a certain Commonwealth's Attorney who is breathing a little easier now.
    Alma 43:47 - "And again, the Lord has said that: Ye shall defend your families even unto bloodshed...."
    Self defense isn't just a good idea, it's a commandment.

Wow! Not another of our strongest supporters! He was a honest, outspoken advocate for the RKBA. I will miss seeing him at the pig roast and at pre-lobby day breakfasts. RIP Skid.

Quote Originally Posted by grylnsmn View Post
    This is a loss. It should also be a wake up call to each and every one of us, that we need to step up and make sure not only that we continue to carry the torch that is his (and Peter Nap's) legacy, but that we do everything that we can to pass that torch along to future generations. ...
    Absolutely.

well, crap! that really sucks!
    HAFNHAF

Self-preservation is an instinct. Self-defense is a Right!

Centurion
    To y'all in Virginia and other close locations know that your loss is felt even here out west. RIP Skid.
    Maybe Peter Nap needed Skid on the other side for some support.
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 05-18-2016 at 04:13 PM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Sad day.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hand salute.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	13095
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Founder's Club Member
    Oh my, Don and now Paul. Thanks for the news, Grapeshot, sad as it certainly is.

I sure enjoyed the 2014 Saturday breakfast w the Richmond guys and Skid's personal tour of the Capitol & Hollywood cemetery, usw...
    I am so sorry he has passed on - such a good & kind gentleman. Grape keep us posted on events to celebrate his life.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

So Sorry ...

Never could make north of Florida to visit Virginia and all the staunch RKBA supporters that I've come to know by lurking and watching. You all mean alot to me and now our numbers are diminishing.

If I may use this ...

Stay Safe Skid
    When those in Government fail to see the danger in too much Government, they become the danger.
    (Original quote by me)

If we lose the Second Amendment it is only a matter of time before we lose the First Amendment, then the Fourth Amendment and then it is all downhill from there ...

I've OCed and didn't scare the horses or stampede the women!

It's too late to train when you are in the middle of a gunfight ... (me)

IDPA SSP/MM

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    My heart is extremely heavy, but truly believe he is now in a better place.
    Snip:
    1+

Marines don't die they just regroup elsewhere, and continue the fight.

Semper fidelis
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

I've just got home from work to see a private email from user telling me of one of Paul's last acts.

skidmark was a true friend right to the end
    JFT 96

I'm sorry, did I offend you with my opinion?
    You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

Porthos, Athos, and Aramis = peter nap, skidmark and Grapeshot, d'Artagnan = ?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grylnsmn View Post
    This is a loss. It should also be a wake up call to each and every one of us, that we need to step up and make sure not only that we continue to carry the torch that is his (and Peter Nap's) legacy, but that we do everything that we can to pass that torch along to future generations.
    --snipped--
    Both Paul and Don were the very embodiment of teaching by example - they both demonstrated how to talk the talk AND walk the walk. Thousands followed their lead and heeded the advice they so freely gave.

Who can remember "The Ferry Tale" and the after action meals at the Surry Diner w/o envisioning these two gleefully at work?

It is my distinct honor to have known and been counseled by them.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Holy crap! Skid too? Extremely bad news for all of us who knew him, even if only tangentially.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast