• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RIP Skidmark, Paul Henick

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We lost one of our strongest supporters of freedom and RKBA this morning.

He succumbed to multiple infirmities/complications at 12:03 am, Wed., May 18[SUP]th[/SUP], 2016

His depth of knowledge and pointed dry wit will be sorely missed.

We must find a way to celebrate his life, not just mourn our loss.

My heart is extremely heavy, but truly believe he is now in a better place.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I never met the man in person, but feel from his posts that I know him well. He will be missed for being who he was, and a great man, this is a great loss.

va_tazdad

We have now lost 2 great men this month. Skid, like Peter Nap was a walking education machine, especially on the 2nd Amendment and just about any other rights under the Constitution. Both friends will be missed and can never be replaced.

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!

This is more than I can stand,, I have no words, right now to say, Its Overwhelming!
Glad to have known Paul, if only thru his posts and some pics.
It is a tragic loss, when we need folks of his stature and good will.

scouser

I'm lost for what to say. In just three weeks we've lost two of the best friends a person could find on this site

sidestreet

I have all of those same feelings, sentiments too…,

SMH, this is a real 1-2 punch to the gut, two of the "Three Musketeers" now dearly departed, such knowledge, such sounding boards, such confidants and companions, such teachers and tellers we might never have again in this life. Perhaps the Heavenly Father has spared them the worst to come. I have to think that way to keep from going silly crazy and keep my composure, make some sense of it all.

Lord help ME/ALL OF US to be ready.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29:11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
RIP!!!!! I'm 66 and there are a number of us that are that old or older on this forum that have been carrying the torch for years. Giving our knowledge free of charge; right, wrong or indifferent. I just hope there are enough youngins to carry the torch further down the road. RIP!

Last edited:

kennys

Lost another good guy:( my heart is heavy but know now he is free watching over us like Don.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bc.cruiser

Never met the man (missed out because he didn't locate the meeting place :D ), but have always appreciated his posts. The loss is to all of us. RIP, Skid.

grylnsmn

This is a loss. It should also be a wake up call to each and every one of us, that we need to step up and make sure not only that we continue to carry the torch that is his (and Peter Nap's) legacy, but that we do everything that we can to pass that torch along to future generations.

I'm sure that there's a certain Commonwealth's Attorney who is breathing a little easier now.

wrearick

Wow! Not another of our strongest supporters! He was a honest, outspoken advocate for the RKBA. I will miss seeing him at the pig roast and at pre-lobby day breakfasts. RIP Skid.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
This is a loss. It should also be a wake up call to each and every one of us, that we need to step up and make sure not only that we continue to carry the torch that is his (and Peter Nap's) legacy, but that we do everything that we can to pass that torch along to future generations. ...
Absolutely.

JoeSparky

Centurion
To y'all in Virginia and other close locations know that your loss is felt even here out west. RIP Skid.
Maybe Peter Nap needed Skid on the other side for some support.

Last edited:

HPmatt

I sure enjoyed the 2014 Saturday breakfast w the Richmond guys and Skid's personal tour of the Capitol & Hollywood cemetery, usw...
I am so sorry he has passed on - such a good & kind gentleman. Grape keep us posted on events to celebrate his life.