• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RIP Skidmark, Paul Henick

Ironside

So Sorry ...

Never could make north of Florida to visit Virginia and all the staunch RKBA supporters that I've come to know by lurking and watching. You all mean alot to me and now our numbers are diminishing.

If I may use this ...

Stay Safe Skid

scouser

I've just got home from work to see a private email from user telling me of one of Paul's last acts.

skidmark was a true friend right to the end

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This is a loss. It should also be a wake up call to each and every one of us, that we need to step up and make sure not only that we continue to carry the torch that is his (and Peter Nap's) legacy, but that we do everything that we can to pass that torch along to future generations.
--snipped--
Both Paul and Don were the very embodiment of teaching by example - they both demonstrated how to talk the talk AND walk the walk. Thousands followed their lead and heeded the advice they so freely gave.

Who can remember "The Ferry Tale" and the after action meals at the Surry Diner w/o envisioning these two gleefully at work?

It is my distinct honor to have known and been counseled by them.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Both Paul and Don were the very embodiment of teaching by example - they both demonstrated how to talk the talk AND walk the walk. Thousands followed their lead and heeded the advice they so freely gave.

Who can remember "The Ferry Tale" and the after action meals at the Surry Diner w/o envisioning these two gleefully at work?

It is my distinct honor to have known and been counseled by them.

I can!
I stayed up all night rereading EVERY Ferry Tale thread started by Grapeshot, PeterNap, SkidMark and User...

celticredneck

RIP, Skid. I've never been able to make a lot of the open carry dinners, but my wife and I always wanted to sit close to Paul, so we could hear his words of wisdom. We always managed to learn something.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
:( I get busy, am absent from the forum for a while and come back to the sad news about Skidmark and Don. I never met Paul, but I got much education and enjoyment from his numerous posts over the last 8 years on OCDO. I will certainly miss him around here.

Last edited:

Tanner

It's too much

Honestly, what can be said? I signed on to see if it was true. I saw the news on facebook and couldn't believe it. I was hoping that somehow there was a mistake. I was looking forward to possibly seeing Don at the next breakfast, then he suddenly passes, just as we thought he was getting better. I wanted to go see Paul in the next week or so since it has been a while, and now this. I don't know...... it feels like I am swallowing rocks right now. Im sorry you're gone. One of my life's greatest pleasures/suprises was getting to know you. Thank you for everything.

I say this affectionately, but peace was not Don or Paul's style, so I simply say rest well my friends, you take a piece of us all with you.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Just saw this notice, I have no words.
Will miss Peter and Skid very much. When I first joined the group they were among the first to welcome me. Whenever I saw them at dinners, Picknics, or Lobby day they greeted me as a friend.

Rest now friend, your fight is done. We will continue the watch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

DoubleTap

With sadness.....

All of these posts about Paul and Don are so thoughtful and full of so much warmth. I just today referred to Dale, Don, and Paul as the Three Musketeers. All great men. Each of them doing so much individually and collectively. Many events, activities, always there. It's so hard to believe that within a few weeks, Don and Paul have passed. It's heartbreaking. They are at peace now. No more suffering. God rest their souls.

Diane

oldbanger

R.I.P. Skid

It matters not how a man dies, but how he lives.

The act of dying is not of importance, it lasts so short a time.

Samuel Johnson

EMNofSeattle

Well I know I haven't been on for a while now, and I logged on just today and the first thing I saw is this news of Skidmarks passing.

He was a breed apart, and had the perfect combination of smarts and passion for the cause.

riverrat10k

Been a little tore up to post the last few weeks

Feel like I have walked out of the house without my pants. Something (someones) are missing for sure.

Remember meeting Paul and Grapeshot at the Awful Wawful at Broad and Glenside for my first "OC Breakfast". I was CC, didn't even have a proper carry holster for my personal protection device.

Left the breakfast that morning with not one, but two holsters from Paul. Kept one and paid him for it. Met Don shortly thereafter.

Truly a great loss for the rights and liberty community. I will miss them both intensely.

The Wolfhound

Oh, f.......

This is terrible news. I shall switch out my hat logo for a "morale patch" that Skid gave out at Christmas. We are greatly diminished again! Please make us aware of any services or remembrances.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

CrossFire

I did know either gentleman but after following their posts over the years I feel like I did know them. My prayers go out to the family members of both.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--This is terrible news. I shall switch out my hat logo for a "morale patch" that Skid gave out at Christmas. We are greatly diminished again! Please make us aware of any services or remembrances.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Working on setting something up - [strike]likely on Saturday (May 28[SUP]th[/SUP]) of Memorial Day weekend.[/strike]

To be scheduled the Sat. after Memorial Day week-end = June 4[SUP]th[/SUP]

Last edited:

utbagpiper

Banned
My condolences to all of Skidmark's loved ones. May God comfort them at this time.

I found his posts to be enlightening and enjoyable.

Charles

Last edited: