• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RIP Skidmark, Paul Henick

45acpForMe

RIP Skidmark

I just saw the VCDL alert mentioning Paul and jumped on the forum to also find out Don had passed too! :(

Skidmark was always jovial (in his own way) whenever I met him. They both represented the gun community with honor and intellect!

We had met at OC dinners, gun shows, picnics, BoS meetings and at Lobby Day a few years back.

Both Don and Paul will be missed and all I can say is "Well Done!"

[video=youtube;B01o2xtJwgk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B01o2xtJwgk[/video]

Attachments

• clapping.jpg
    clapping.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 112

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I just saw the VCDL alert mentioning Paul and jumped on the forum to also find out Don had passed too! :(

Skidmark was always jovial (in his own way) whenever I met him. They both represented the gun community with honor and intellect!

--snipped--
You and any others who might wish to attend are invited to the Celebration of his life this coming Sat., June 4[SUP]th[/SUP] at 11:00am - see link following:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...mp-Place-Celebrating-Paul-Henick-aka-Skidmark

user

Accomplished Advocate
I've been having a lot of difficulty thinking about Paul's death. He was one of our best friends, as was Don. Some of us saw it coming, but I'm still having trouble with it. Sorry I couldn't be there today for the remembrance.

wrearick

Finally found the photos I was looking for. They are from Lobby Day a few years ago. Coming or going you could hear his message!
30l18aw.jpg

f50t4i.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
^ ^ Those are really good photos of Paul/skidmark ^ ^

Wonder whatever happened to that vest - never saw it again.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
BTW - The vest was found and preserved - passed on to a willing, local recipient who will wear it with pride on special occasions.

The Wolfhound

A continuing legacy

That is great news about the vest. It will remind us of Paul whenever we see it. The folding chair and folding table donated to the Appleseed Project have made several appearances at our shoots. They are highly appreciated and I think of Paul every time I set them up. His legacy WILL continue.

wrearick

BTW - The vest was found and preserved - passed on to a willing, local recipient who will wear it with pride on special occasions.

Glad to hear the vest will carry on....it is indeed a special piece of the history of OC in the commonwealth. Glad to hear it will still be proudly worn.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That is great news about the vest. It will remind us of Paul whenever we see it. The folding chair and folding table donated to the Appleseed Project have made several appearances at our shoots. They are highly appreciated and I think of Paul every time I set them up. His legacy WILL continue.

Glad to hear the vest will carry on....it is indeed a special piece of the history of OC in the commonwealth. Glad to hear it will still be used.
It is what Paul would have done - passing it forward.

HeroHog

Now that Paul has passed I can tell this, I guess. Several years back (08 or earlier) I mentioned needing a good Concealed Carry vest to Paul as we were working the VCDL table at a gun show together. Several months later he calls me aside after some VCDL related event we were both at and he starts loading my arms up with these different vests, all of which appeared to be brand new! All were big enough for my carcass and all either designed for or useful as a Concealed Carry vest! Terri and I were blown away. He wouldn't hear of anything but "Thank You" and even that was brushed aside with some remark about how they were "in his way" or some such nonsense.

The vests can be seen here modeled by my wife Terri. We still have and use them and think of our good friend Paul every time we see them and more...

Last edited:

wrearick

Now that Paul has passed I can tell this, I guess. Several years back (08 or earlier) I mentioned needing a good Concealed Carry vest to Paul as we were working the VCDL table at a gun show together. Several months later he calls me aside after some VCDL related event we were both at and he starts loading my arms up with these different vests, all of which appeared to be brand new! All were big enough for my carcass and all either designed for or useful as a Concealed Carry vest! Terri and I were blown away. He wouldn't hear of anything but "Thank You" and even that was brushed aside with some remark about how they were "in his way" or some such nonsense.

The vests can be seen here modeled by my wife Terri. We still have and use them and think of our good friend Paul every time we see them and more...

Very nice indeed!

Tanner

!!The vestivity!!

I am happy to say that the vest went to me, and I thank Grape for choosing me to pass it on to. I haven't been quite as active lately as I have in the past, but this Tuesday will mark the first event where I strap this bad mamma jamma on and direct everyone's attention the the specific patch I think is a perfect homage to Paul's personality. "Stupid allergy"