Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MKE Sheriff David Clarke tells NRA: Be wary of 'freedom-loathing gun-haters'

MKE Sheriff David Clarke tells NRA: Be wary of 'freedom-loathing gun-haters'

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke's message to those attending Friday's NRA-ILA Leadership Forum was in part cautionary: Be wary of "freedom-loathing gun-haters." "Don't be misled by phony sloganeering like 'common sense gun legislation' or 'smart guns,'" he said. "There is nothing smart about what they are up to, as you and I both know. None of this crap will reduce violence, suicides or mass shootings."
    [ ... ]
    "It's not about reducing mass murders, suicides or street-level violence. Heck, it isn't even about gun control," he said. "Folks, it's about power. Political power. It's all about government control over our lives."

He warned that being selective about constitutional rights to fit a "leftist agenda" leads to "government tyranny," which garnered applause from the audience. Framers of the Constitution understood the threat posed by strong central government, he said, and that's why they included the safeguard of the Second Amendment.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/usandwo...380332891.html

Don't miss the comments from Wisconsin's blue-running abscess' local bacteria.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-21-2016 at 05:49 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

We need MANY more like him.

The last bad cop he ran out of his department was when?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    The last bad cop he ran out of his department was when?
    Clarke has been elected Sheriff for about fifteen years. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and the Milwaukee Police Department hold great enmity for him. I am sure that if they could point any sort of accusatory finger at his department/management/policies it would be bold headlines.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-23-2016 at 05:32 PM.

He is a Patriot who gets it!! Sometimes I wonder if the NRA gets it or are they willing to "play ball" to get something for something?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Clarke has been elected Sheriff for about fifteen years. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and the Milwaukee Police Department hold great enmity for him. I am sure that if they could point any sort of accusatory finger at his department/management/policies it would be bold headlines.
    I am not arguing his convictions. Your response did not answer my question.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I am not arguing his convictions. Your response did not answer my question.
    "Ask your own questions. Find your own answers."

A placard over a senior co-workers desk, who survived the SL-1 accident for having called in with the sniffles.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar

Milwaukee County Sheriff's Deputy reassigned over illegal Candian hunting trip

Milwaukee County Sheriff's Deputy reassigned over illegal Candian hunting trip
    http://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/...n-hunting-trip
    Earlier this month, Sheriff David Clarke reprimanded the 19-year veteran of the force for violating the code of conduct. In a press release, Clarke says the deputy was disciplined for failure to inform the office he was under investigation -- a federal investigation by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

See, it can be done.

WTMJ is MJS, AM 620

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar

Deputy who hurt woman in crash was nearly fired by Sheriff Clarke in 2007

Deputy who hurt woman in crash was nearly fired by Sheriff Clarke in 2007
    http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/d...262330951.html
    A Milwaukee County sheriff's deputy who caused an on-duty crash that severely injured a Franklin woman last year should have been fired in 2007, according to Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr.

But the county Personnel Review Board overruled the decision and instead suspended the deputy for 45 days.

That the PRB would keep that deputy should say it all about the city government and the Sheriff's Office.

Sounds like Clarke tries to do the right thing and is often fighting entrenched county gov't instead of street crime.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

I believe that is the proper division of labor between the superior elected law enforcement officer of a county and his troops, sometimes called deputy sheriffs or undersheriffs.

That the PRB would keep that deputy should say it all about the city government and the Sheriff's Office.
    Seven years ago, Clarke had sought to fire Quiles for falsifying records — something Quiles had previously been ordered not to do.
    Interesting. Firing a cop who falsifies [official] records?

946.12  Misconduct in public office. Any public officer or public employee who does any of the following is guilty of a Class I felony:
    (1)  Intentionally fails or refuses to perform a known mandatory, nondiscretionary, ministerial duty of the officer's or employee's office or employment within the time or in the manner required by law; or
    (2)  In the officer's or employee's capacity as such officer or employee, does an act which the officer or employee knows is in excess of the officer's or employee's lawful authority or which the officer or employee knows the officer or employee is forbidden by law to do in the officer's or employee's official capacity; or
    (3)  Whether by act of commission or omission, in the officer's or employee's capacity as such officer or employee exercises a discretionary power in a manner inconsistent with the duties of the officer's or employee's office or employment or the rights of others and with intent to obtain a dishonest advantage for the officer or employee or another; or
    (4)  In the officer's or employee's capacity as such officer or employee, makes an entry in an account or record book or return, certificate, report or statement which in a material respect the officer or employee intentionally falsifies; or
    946.12(5) (5)  Under color of the officer's or employee's office or employment, intentionally solicits or accepts for the performance of any service or duty anything of value which the officer or employee knows is greater or less than is fixed by law.

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/sta...utes/946/II/12
    (4) at a minimum. (1) thru (3) possibly.

It seems the PRB is not the source of that cop remaining employed as long as he did. Then again, what cop top is gunna start charging his minions with criminal violations...especially when a minion, after being told not to violate the law, is known to have violated the law anyway.

A cop, even a "top cop," cannot and does not bring charges. Only the state's prosecutor can bring charges.

The cops' mission is to observe, investigate, apprehend, and incarcerate.

A cop, even a "top cop," cannot and does not bring charges. Only the state's prosecutor can bring charges.

The cops' mission is to observe, investigate, apprehend, and incarcerate.
    Cops witness a felony crime (which it appears Clarke did, as well as other cops me thinks), has irrefutable evidence of a felony crime having been committed (which it appears Clarke did), they (the cop) is (supposed to) to arrest and submit the charges to the prosecutor that describes the justification, probable cause, for the arrest. I did not read that that had occurred in the news article.

Or, does Clarke deserve special dispensation because his views on our 2A is more in-line with our views of our 2A.

So what's the theme here - is Clarke a bad Sheriff? Is he tooting his own horn on Hannity and who-knows-where-else too much? I can only think of one other Sheriff with a bigger national footprint and that is Phoenix' Joe Arpaio.

I like them both and think they are very good bullhorns against the unrelenting attacks from the Democrats and a lot of RINOs, and about all media outlets - carping daily about the 'danger of guns' and what type of 'reasoned limits s/b placed on the 2A'....
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Please do not misunderstand my view of Clarke where our 2A is concerned. I merely point out the disconnect between his rhetoric regarding "holding cops accountable" and his actions (or lack there of).

In Realville, as I stated earlier, what top cop is gunna charge his minions with crimes? Not how a top cop keeps his minions happy happy happy.

Others have cited his actions. It is not the mission of a top-anything to keep employees happy-happy-happy. It should be to keep only competent employees. How expansive is that competence seems to narrow with each passing year and generation.

Others have cited his actions. It is not the mission of a top-anything to keep employees happy-happy-happy. It should be to keep only competent employees. How expansive is that competence seems to narrow with each passing year and generation.
    You do not live in Realville, apparently.

http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/m...issue_id=92012

What David Cruickshank fails to include in his screed, intentionally in my view, is the impact on rank and file morale when beat cops do not believe that command has their back.

The impact of the thug leadership infesting cop unions.

The code of silence.

Unfortunately happy happy happy cops do not guarantee "good" cops.

It is not the mission of a top-anything to keep employees happy-happy-happy. It should be to keep only competent employees. How expansive is that competence seems to narrow with each passing year and generation.
    Yes and no. Times are indeed a-changing.

Fifty years ago even a bad boss could keep competent employees merely by paying them on time and occasionally letting them know that despite all his gruff, he does appreciate their hard work.

These days, not so much. Most Millennials will walk if they're not kept happy. They have thicker skins than we give them credit, but they do have high expectations of what a workplace environment should look like, and if they're not happy, they're gone.

[QUOTE=Nightmare;2191347]Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke's message to those attending Friday's NRA-ILA Leadership Forum was in part cautionary: Be wary of "freedom-loathing gun-haters." "Don't be misled by phony sloganeering like 'common sense gun legislation' or 'smart guns,'" he said. "There is nothing smart about what they are up to, as you and I both know. None of this crap will reduce violence, suicides or mass shootings."

So true. Even a few members of our forum throw around the "common sense gun legislation" baloney far too often.
    Last edited by since9; 05-25-2016 at 11:07 PM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Sheriff Clarke filling in today on Glen Beck radio show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Interesting. I am the only one one these boards that I am aware of who has worked for Clarke (the last 5 of my 25 years for the Sheriffs Office). I can testify that he is all talk and no action, has cut essential services from that office while consistently going over budget. The Milwaukee D.A. has publicized that only 2% of all criminal prosecutions in the county come from the Sheriffs Office (it's a constitutional office, BTW, not a "department").

I could go on and on and on and on with some facts, but posters on these boards will say I have no idea what I'm talking about and am just a disgruntled "employee" although I left quite long ago with a full retirement and a rank.

They like what he says on the radio though he is of no useful service to the citizens of Milwaukee county. It's no different as the people who think Rush Limbaugh should be President. Sheeple!

Quote Originally Posted by pkbites View Post
    Interesting. I am the only one one these boards that I am aware of who has worked for Clarke (the last 5 of my 25 years for the Sheriffs Office). I can testify that he is all talk and no action, has cut essential services from that office while consistently going over budget.
    So? Clarke isn't talking about the business of running a sheriff's office. He's talking about what's going on in our country, and I find his talk on that subject dead-on.

If he ever runs again for sheriff, by all means, speak up.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by pkbites View Post
    Interesting. I am the only one one these boards that I am aware of who has worked for Clarke (the last 5 of my 25 years for the Sheriffs Office). I can testify that he is all talk and no action, has cut essential services from that office while consistently going over budget. The Milwaukee D.A. has publicized that only 2% of all criminal prosecutions in the county come from the Sheriffs Office (it's a constitutional office, BTW, not a "department").
    Good to hear first hand knowledge of what was going on at the Sheriff's office. I remember the first time I heard the phrase, 'He's a showhorse, not a workhorse' - it fit that guy to a T.
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast