Thread: Judge wants Chicago Mayor Emanuel to testify on police code of silence

Judge wants Chicago Mayor Emanuel to testify on police code of silence

CHICAGO (AP) — Attorneys for the city of Chicago have told a federal judge they’re prepared to admit to a jury that a code of silence exists within the police department in an attempt to keep Mayor Rahm Emanuel off the witness stand.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ice-code-of-s/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    And everything is right with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    And everything is right with the world.
    Yeah, but only as long as Ram Emanuel does not testilie under oath. What are they hiding?

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Yeah, but only as long as Ram Emanuel does not testilie under oath. What are they hiding?
    While not conclusive, the most obvious calculation is that whatever E-scam-uel might reveal under oath is more damaging than the deal offered.

Side Note: 4:34 and only two other posts to the entire forum? Really?
    Last edited by Citizen; 05-22-2016 at 08:51 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Code of silence? How about someone tell the judge that it is not a code of silence, but a covering-up of crimes committed under the color of law...likely on a daily basis.

...code of silence...pfft!
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

"It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Code of silence? How about someone tell the judge that it is not a code of silence, but a covering-up of crimes committed under the color of law...likely on a daily basis.

...code of silence...pfft!
    How about the code of protection by judges ? I've seen it routinely. At what point is "immunity" so distasteful that a judge will refuse to recognize it? Never.

Cops are officers of the court.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Good find !

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Cops are officers of the court.
    Says who? Seriously, I'd love to be able to have this cited because I looked and looked for it last year, and could get no consensus or proof of that. Maybe it varies by state as to what exactly is an officer of the court?
    Last edited by MAC702; 05-23-2016 at 09:44 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Says who? Seriously, I'd love to be able to have this cited because I looked and looked for it last year, and could get no consensus or proof of that. Maybe it varies by state as to what exactly is an officer of the court?
    LOL Nightmare is usually better than that .. I attribute it to a brain fart. Cops work for their unions.