Thread: New OC hand gun

New OC hand gun

My new open carry handgun in Bi- tone

http://www.springfield-armory.com/pr...series-45-acp/

Nice sized and flashy slide.

What not to like about 14 rounds of 45acp when topped off.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post

Nice. Congratulations!
    I don't have one of those specifically, but enjoy my XDs very much.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

thats purty! reminds me of my .40xd sub compact that i carry. just bigger.
    HAFNHAF

Self-preservation is an instinct. Self-defense is a Right!

The reason I brought it was I ended up with 14 or so 13 round XD 45 magazines new in the factory packaging in a trade.

I tried selling them for 18 dollars each in lots of 3 on a couple other sites and had no takers so I decided I needed a firearm to go with them thus I am the owner of a new XD.

Now with the 3 mags that came with it I still don't know if I need that many mags.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Banned

What was your previous gun and why the change? The Springfield is a quality piece.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    What was your previous gun and why the change? The Springfield is a quality piece.
    Just another one in the stable I carry many different ones.

As I said in the pervious post I brought it because I had acquired many magazines for this model.

I also like to have different firearms around for clients to handle and try if they so desire.

The reason I brought it was I ended up with 14 or so 13 round XD 45 magazines new in the factory packaging in a trade.

I tried selling them for 18 dollars each in lots of 3 on a couple other sites and had no takers so I decided I needed a firearm to go with them thus I am the owner of a new XD.

Now with the 3 mags that came with it I still don't know if I need that many mags.
    This is very sound reasoning - you don't want to throw away perfectly good magazines, and your local PD is not doing a >10 round magazine buy back, so you 'invest' in companion to them.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

That's a lot of magazines! All the better to hold your ammo.

On a more practical note, even the best steel springs have creep, so perhaps you should keep four of them loaded and the rest in "relaxed reserve." Rotate them in and out.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Never is when you have too many magazines for any specific one.

Nemo