• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New OC hand gun

Firearms Iinstuctor

The reason I brought it was I ended up with 14 or so 13 round XD 45 magazines new in the factory packaging in a trade.

I tried selling them for 18 dollars each in lots of 3 on a couple other sites and had no takers so I decided I needed a firearm to go with them thus I am the owner of a new XD.

Now with the 3 mags that came with it I still don't know if I need that many mags.

Firearms Iinstuctor

What was your previous gun and why the change? The Springfield is a quality piece.

Just another one in the stable I carry many different ones.

As I said in the pervious post I brought it because I had acquired many magazines for this model.

I also like to have different firearms around for clients to handle and try if they so desire.

HPmatt

The reason I brought it was I ended up with 14 or so 13 round XD 45 magazines new in the factory packaging in a trade.

I tried selling them for 18 dollars each in lots of 3 on a couple other sites and had no takers so I decided I needed a firearm to go with them thus I am the owner of a new XD.

Now with the 3 mags that came with it I still don't know if I need that many mags.

This is very sound reasoning - you don't want to throw away perfectly good magazines, and your local PD is not doing a >10 round magazine buy back, so you 'invest' in companion to them.

Va_Nemo

Never is when you have too many magazines for any specific one.

Nemo