Thread: Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe under federal investigation for campaign contributions

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar

Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe under federal investigation for campaign contributions

Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe under federal investigation for campaign contributions.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/politi...ons/index.html

Virginia Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe is the subject of an ongoing investigation by the FBI and prosecutors from the Justice Department's public integrity unit, U.S. officials briefed on the probe say.
    The investigation dates to at least last year and has focused, at least in part, on whether donations to his gubernatorial campaign violated the law, the officials said.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    The worm turns - now let McAwful sweat.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    The worm turns - now let McAwful sweat.
    Heard a bit on the news tonight about this. Not sure of context but seems there is denial of any of the funds involved coming from/going to/dealing with Clinton Foundation. Just heard that little bit and not sure what it was really referring to. Might be worth someone with better google fu skills seeking more info on it.

Nemo

Banned
    Case is a non-starter .. sounds like they are just checking to insure that the green-card carrying Wang (sp?) actually had his green card when he donated.

And even if not, its not a big issue that voters connect with ...

I did see some articles where Clinton is guesstimated to win VA ... if pro-RKBA organizations wish to make a difference then speaking about Clinton's email scandal will do more than talking about how she's a lizard.

interesting...

So the most partisan Department of Justice in American history is looking into Terry "The Tyrant" McAwful. Watch the other hand folks, something is coming and it has nothing to do with Terry. Watch for something to slip under the rug while we watch the Terry show. Terry will be fine as always, just like his superior, Hitlery, untouchable.

Cynical? Who me? Inconceivable!
    Appleseed, Virginia State Coordinator
    Are you a Rifleman yet?
    http://appleseedinfo.org

Quote Originally Posted by The Wolfhound View Post
    So the most partisan Department of Justice in American history is looking into Terry "The Tyrant" McAwful. Watch the other hand folks, something is coming and it has nothing to do with Terry. Watch for something to slip under the rug while we watch the Terry show. Terry will be fine as always, just like his superior, Hitlery, untouchable.

I agree. This is a possible play from the Progressive Liberal Political playbook. Just need to make sure they're going step-by-step and by the number.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wolfhound View Post

"I do not think you know what this word inconceivable means" he says with a fake Spanish accent. ;>)

"If you haven't done anything wrong what should you be worried about?" - Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe to reporters on Tuesday, May 24th.

Funny. I suspect former Governor Bob McDonnell used to think the same thing.

TFred