• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Purchase secretly acquired drugs for death penalty

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
VA first to do this?

from your article: "Virginia joins Arkansas, Missouri and Ohio..." So that would make VA fourth.

I don't give 2 flying figs where they get the execution drugs if they have proper efficacy. Vets put down millions of large animals annually. I would think we would just use the same stuff on the bad guys instead of all this angst. But SJWs and liberal jackasses have made all of it stupidly difficult Clearly at least some of the pharma companies don't have a moral objections to making the drugs. They just have a don't want to deal with SJWs and stupid liberals objection.

Or we just go back to hangings, firing squads or the guillotine. I'm good with it either way.

utbagpiper

Banned
Some States have taken to having Compounding Pharmacies mix up the required drugs. Keeping the names of the suppliers private prevents a few left-wing loonies from harassing or vandalizing.

I think there are two easier solutions:

1: Return to the use of firing squad, hanging, electric chair, or gas chamber.

2: The States and Feds could simply make clear that any drug manufacturer that refuses to sell drugs to the government for lawful executions, is ineligible for any Medicare or Medicaid reimbursements.

It is interesting that if a wedding photographer, baker, or printer declines to provide goods or services to a homosexual "wedding" they are engaged in the most hateful of discrimination.

But if a drug manufacturer refuses to sell drugs to a government agency charged with carrying out capital punishments, that is just acting on conscience and should be applauded. Liberal hypocrisy strikes again.

Charles

davidmcbeth

Banned
Some States have taken to having Compounding Pharmacies mix up the required drugs. Keeping the names of the suppliers private prevents a few left-wing loonies from harassing or vandalizing....

It is interesting that if a wedding photographer, baker, or printer declines to provide goods or services to a homosexual "wedding" they are engaged in the most hateful of discrimination.

But if a drug manufacturer refuses to sell drugs to a government agency charged with carrying out capital punishments, that is just acting on conscience and should be applauded. Liberal hypocrisy strikes again.

<snip>
Charles

? For Charles:

If you personally handed out candy bars to a group of couples, some **** and some hetero, but only gave the free candy to the hetero couples then could you be civilly or criminally liable for not giving out the free candy to the *****?

And the same analysis for a business selling candy...

OC for ME

I'm with Charles on this one. Keep the supplier secret to prevent a loony libs from doing what loony libs do.

That convicted killer who suffered for ~45 minutes cuz the wrong drug/incorrectly mixed drug was administered? Meh.

There had never been a question of [Clayton] Lockett’s guilt. Fifteen years earlier, on June 3, 1999, he had stood in a ravine and aimed a 12-gauge shotgun at Stephanie Neiman, a 19-year-old who had graduated from high school two weeks earlier. Lockett and two accomplices had beaten one of Neiman’s friends and raped another. Lockett told Neiman multiple times that he would kill her if she didn’t promise to keep quiet. He warned her one last time, but she insisted she would go to the police.

He pulled the trigger. The shot sent her spinning to the ground. The gun jammed; he cleared it and fired at her again. Then one of Lockett’s accomplices buried Neiman alive in a shallow grave, the dirt puffing up as she struggled to breathe, and they left her to die.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/06/execution-clayton-lockett/392069/
His victim suffered far worse than he.