• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Gun Violence Awareness Day

AtackDuck

Rats! I'll be sailing.

I'll be next door in Hampton, getting ready for the Southern Bay Race Week. Nothing like sauntering around Hampton Yacht Club and downtown Hampton while open carrying. Looks? You betcha! Especially when it's pirate weekend and everyone is saying AARRGGH! Matey!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'll be next door in Hampton, getting ready for the Southern Bay Race Week. Nothing like sauntering around Hampton Yacht Club and downtown Hampton while open carrying. Looks? You betcha! Especially when it's pirate weekend and everyone is saying AARRGGH! Matey!
There is an instant connect!

Many lifetimes ago, I used to race that circuit: Hampton YC, Warwick YC, Fishing Creek, Back Bay....all of them. Mostly single-handed in handicap class, but also crewed on a couple of MORC boats.

Happy times remembered. :)

Ask the old timers if any of them remember Roger Morman, Happy Hogshire, or John Paul Jones.........forget Jones, nobody today remembers him. :cool:

Yes. I will be wearing orange tomorrow.

Last edited:

wrearick

Looks like 2 June 2016 has been chosen as a Rally day by Moms Demand Action. They are calling for the wearing of bright orange shirts. Locally in Virginia Beach, the gathering is planned for 6:30 PM at Mount Trashmore. According to the facebook sign up page (https://www.facebook.com/events/1327426773951333/) , 4 people are currently planning on attending.

Here is the link for events throughout Virginia. https://www.facebook.com/MomsDemandActionVA/events?key=events&ref=page_internal

Well, up to 9 going and 8 interested. I think the weather is going to make it a small, short, wet event

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot

Then thar critters may be female, but I doubt that they are ladies.

If the owner/manager of the establishment asks us to leave, we will immediately comply.......but the sidewalk and street outside are public thoroughfares.
I think Mount Trashmore is a city-owned park.

TFred

Mount Trashmore Park

My comments (posts #2 & #5) were in reply to the Richmond city event mentioned by Scouser, not Mt. Trashmore which as has been said is a city park.