• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Gun Violence Awareness Day

wrearick

scouser

Richmond's is at a brewery. So we're going to have all these moms getting drunk and driving their dangerous cars home. Someone should call M.A.D.D. about all these mad moms

TFred

Richmond's is at a brewery. So we're going to have all these moms getting drunk and driving their dangerous cars home. Someone should call M.A.D.D. about all these mad moms
CDC statistics say that twice as many people die each year from the abuse and misuse of alcohol than are killed with the use of a firearm.

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
From the Moms Demand Action Facebook page:

"Join us to turn Richmond Orange! All members and friends are invited to Hardywood Brewery for Gun Violence Awareness Day -- come decked out in orange and learn how you can take action in Virginia."

LOLROF - What's so darned funny is we and the VCDL have already turned Richmond and Virginia orange time and time again with Guns SAVE Lives stickers, buttons, shirts, and hats. Orange is the color typically associated with GSL things.

Apparently Moms Demand Action do not represent the sharpest tacks in the box or the brightest bulbs in the chandelier. They might have done better to select lime green as their color - would have matched their disposition better too.

Last edited:

Va_Nemo

I think they did that because of the notice they think they get and can capitalize on the GSL stickers. As well as the blaze orange hunting attire requirements.

I guess they think-- oohh, people see orange, they will demand action like we want!

Nemo

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think they did that because of the notice they think they get and can capitalize on the GSL stickers. As well as the blaze orange hunting attire requirements.

I guess they think-- oohh, people see orange, they will demand action like we want!

Nemo
The tried that before at Lobby Day - it backfired on them. There were so many of us and so few of them that they appeared to be supporting what we were promoting.

12507402_1140218822662452_2743850451748689678_n.jpg

https://www.vcdl.org/Photo-Albums

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If anyone does to go to any of the Mad Mom's rallies, I strongly recommend that you have GSL stickers on your front, back, and shoulders so that a selective camera angle cannot make you look like part of their group.

This shirt available from the VCDL store solves that problem - it's double sided.

https://vcdl-gear.myshopify.com/

Last edited:

TFred

If anyone does to go to any of the Mad Mom's rallies, I strongly recommend that you have GSL stickers on your front, back, and shoulders so that a selective camera angle cannot make you look like part of their group.
What's the opposite of orange? ;)

TFred

ETA: Apparently the answer is BLUE!! So bright blue shirts with bright orange GSL stickers would seem to be in order!

complementary.png

Last edited:

TFred

This shirt available from the VCDL store solves that problem - it's double sided.

https://vcdl-gear.myshopify.com/
Ha ha ha, this is even better! Reminds me of a story years ago by a group called Protest Warriors. They were noted for making "protest" signs, but with a twist. Their first was, for example, something like "Communism has only killed 100,000,000 people, let's give it another chance!"

They would make these signs and go to crazy liberal protest events and blend right in. Once in a while someone would read their actual sign and be like "Cool. What? Wait!" :)

Wearing this shirt to one of these events would probably yield similar results.

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Wear a shirt like that and those ladies will run your out of their park with a broomhandle.

Nemo
Then thar critters may be female, but I doubt that they are ladies.

If the owner/manager of the establishment asks us to leave, we will immediately comply.......but the sidewalk and street outside are public thoroughfares.

b0neZ

Looks like 2 June 2016 has been chosen as a Rally day by Moms Demand Action. They are calling for the wearing of bright orange shirts. Locally in Virginia Beach, the gathering is planned for 6:30 PM at Mount Trashmore. According to the facebook sign up page (https://www.facebook.com/events/1327426773951333/) , 4 people are currently planning on attending.

Here is the link for events throughout Virginia. https://www.facebook.com/MomsDemandActionVA/events?key=events&ref=page_internal
So, June 2....a Thursday.

Probably done on purpose so those who have actual jobs won't be able to attend a counter-protest.

Va_Nemo

So, June 2....a Thursday.

Probably done on purpose so those who have actual jobs won't be able to attend a counter-protest.

No problems with OC at that mountain is there? That could be their location determining factor. Don't want protest competition with guns around.

I would get a shirt, make a sign and go but 200 miles each way? Not this time.

Nemo

wrearick

No problems with OC at that mountain is there? That could be their location determining factor. Don't want protest competition with guns around.

I would get a shirt, make a sign and go but 200 miles each way? Not this time.

Nemo

NO problem with OC at Mount Trashmore. I OC there all the time walking the dogs around the lake.
Understand not wanting to travel 200 miles to support. If you check out the link in post #1 you may find there is a rally being held closer to you that could benefit from your attendance. :cool:

keep alert

Va_Nemo

NO problem with OC at Mount Trashmore. I OC there all the time walking the dogs around the lake.

Thanks.

Understand not wanting to travel 200 miles to support. If you check out the link in post #1 you may find there is a rally being held closer to you that could benefit from your attendance. :cool:

keep alert

BT DT NJ. or Been There, Done That, No Joy

Va_Nemo

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Moms Demand Action do not represent the sharpest tacks in the box or the brightest bulbs in the chandelier.

they would be dangerous if they were not

it backfired on them. There were so many of us and so few of them that they appeared to be supporting what we were promoting.

We have infiltrated their parades with OCDO banners and the ladies fell in behind us. Until they actually saw the banner
In another "moms" event, their turnout was so poor they only had two people to our eight Armed Citizens. One of theirs, joined us. We had a better arguement

They would make these signs and go to crazy liberal protest events and blend right in. Once in a while someone would read their actual sign and be like "Cool. What? Wait!"

ceasefire rally.jpg

DO IT, join their groups, attend their rallies, infiltrate, educate.