Thread: Shooting Near UofL This Morning

Shooting Near UofL This Morning

I received the following text and email this morning around 2am

Double shooting at Cardinal Village Apts. ULPD and LMPD on scene. LMPD handling investigation. No students involved at this time, unknown suspects.

A friend of mine who lives in that area (3rd Street and Cardinal Blvd) confirmed it.

Video was taken and posted to Twitter by someone there. http://www.wdrb.com/story/32090562/p...-u-of-l-campus

I have a feeling certain people will be using this as an excuse to justify their fear of students having guns on campus because they will lose control when they "party". I am looking forward to seeing more details about the situation. That intersection has had a student dragged to some bushes and stabbed after she was assaulted, and the administration increased security for a time. I want to see who those youth were, as the area is predominantly UofL-affiliated housing. The event is unfortunate, but again the measures in place already and the ones that the same certain people would want in place would do nothing to have prevented this from happening.

I'll bet a nickel when they find the shooter he will be a local, non-student person who does have prior convictions and does not have a high school diploma.

Am I profiling? Is anyone offended? If so please advise and I shall send you a butthurt complaint form to complete. (note dripping sarcasm there please)

Nemo
    Last edited by Va_Nemo; 05-29-2016 at 02:29 PM.

Also, looks like my OC'ing in the Highlands hasnt gotten as many police calls from concerned citizens as I thought. (Sarcasm)

http://www.wdrb.com/story/32084330/s...for-lmpd-calls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Va_Nemo View Post
    I'll bet a nickel when they find the shooter he will be a local, non-student person who does have prior convictions and does not have a high school diploma.

Am I profiling? Is anyone offended? If so please advise and I shall send you a butthurt complaint form to complete. (note dripping sarcasm there please)

Nemo
    No it isnt profiling, it is just observing the types of people in the video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    It is the govenment that has been enjoined against profiling, not the people.

Profiling IMHO can be a very useful tool.

Isreal has used profiling with great success against terrorism on air flights.

Food for thought.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    It is the govenment that has been enjoined against profiling, not the people.

Profiling IMHO can be a very useful tool.

Isreal has used profiling with great success against terrorism on air flights.

Food for thought.
    Just pointing out that it isn't profiling that is enjoined but rather "racial profiling".

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Profiling is how humans function in the world and it leads to many successes. Find a salesman, for example, who doesn't profile and you'll be looking at a poor performing salesman not making much money.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."