• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting Near UofL This Morning

poetdante

I received the following text and email this morning around 2am

Double shooting at Cardinal Village Apts. ULPD and LMPD on scene. LMPD handling investigation. No students involved at this time, unknown suspects.

A friend of mine who lives in that area (3rd Street and Cardinal Blvd) confirmed it.

Video was taken and posted to Twitter by someone there. http://www.wdrb.com/story/32090562/police-investigate-shooting-near-u-of-l-campus

I have a feeling certain people will be using this as an excuse to justify their fear of students having guns on campus because they will lose control when they "party". I am looking forward to seeing more details about the situation. That intersection has had a student dragged to some bushes and stabbed after she was assaulted, and the administration increased security for a time. I want to see who those youth were, as the area is predominantly UofL-affiliated housing. The event is unfortunate, but again the measures in place already and the ones that the same certain people would want in place would do nothing to have prevented this from happening.

Va_Nemo

I'll bet a nickel when they find the shooter he will be a local, non-student person who does have prior convictions and does not have a high school diploma.

Am I profiling? Is anyone offended? If so please advise and I shall send you a butthurt complaint form to complete. (note dripping sarcasm there please)

Nemo :dude:

Last edited:

poetdante

I'll bet a nickel when they find the shooter he will be a local, non-student person who does have prior convictions and does not have a high school diploma.

Am I profiling? Is anyone offended? If so please advise and I shall send you a butthurt complaint form to complete. (note dripping sarcasm there please)

Nemo :dude:

No it isnt profiling, it is just observing the types of people in the video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It is the govenment that has been enjoined against profiling, not the people.

Profiling IMHO can be a very useful tool.

Isreal has used profiling with great success against terrorism on air flights.

Food for thought.

JoeSparky

Centurion
It is the govenment that has been enjoined against profiling, not the people.

Profiling IMHO can be a very useful tool.

Isreal has used profiling with great success against terrorism on air flights.

Food for thought.
Just pointing out that it isn't profiling that is enjoined but rather "racial profiling".

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Profiling is how humans function in the world and it leads to many successes. Find a salesman, for example, who doesn't profile and you'll be looking at a poor performing salesman not making much money.