Thread: just shaking my head in awe...

just shaking my head in awe...

WARNING: Use discretion when watching video. Some viewers might find it disturbing.

http://wncn.com/2016/05/29/man-with-...g-parking-lot/

WARNING: Use discretion when watching video. Some viewers might find it disturbing.

Video shows officers firing dozens of shots as armed man is killed in Clinton (added town's population is 8.6K)

i watched this and just shook my head in wonder and main stream news group inability to count the automatic rifle fire rounds released.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

The findings of the investigation should be interesting.

Don't know if they were justified, but wow, talk about overkill. Sounded like over a hundred rounds fired. Either he was dead after the first volley, or they missed with all those shots. It would seem they had no concern for the safety of the innocents that may have been in the area.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Reading the story and watching the raw video are not the same thing in this case. One must actually hear the cacophony of gunfire, the pause, the 2nd fusillade, the 2nd pause and the final string of gun fire to understand. Seeing and hearing it without context, one would never guess that all of that gunfire was aimed at a single man, sitting in a regular non-hardened, pick-up truck who was armed with a single shotgun. Sgt York needed far fewer rounds to capture 150 Germans hunkered down in machine gun nests.

It's like if South Park's Jimbo and Ned were cops and they shouted "he's coming right at us" before opening fire. But then that's a comedic, off-color cartoon and this is a real life stunning, almost unbelievable amount of gunfire brought down against one lightly armed man in a fixed, somewhat concealed (minimal cover) position. The report will indeed by interesting as will any other findings. It just sounds like such incredibly excessive force in 3 waves of shooting.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

evening newscast, different channel, says home owner of home which was the backstop says home inhabitable...

oh, quote: as is standard policy, officers are on paid adm leave...unquote

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Its not a crime to carry a long gun.

When its all done there will be a bunch of reports. All will parrot what is below.

Nemo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Investigates Self Nothing Wrong.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	13126   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YpuqAnq.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	13127  

"Police say prior to the shooting officers tried to negotiate with the man..."

Clearly, they were unsuccessful, as, "the man pointed the gun at officers before he was fatally shot."

Even so, what the heck was that? A free-for-all? An agreement that everyone get a "piece of the action?" Perhaps a conspiracy that if everyone lands a few rounds then no one can be blamed?

Sheesh!

"just shaking my head" about sums it up.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    "Police say prior to the shooting officers tried to negotiate with the man..."

Clearly, they were unsuccessful, as, "the man pointed the gun at officers before he was fatally shot."

Even so, what the heck was that? A free-for-all? An agreement that everyone get a "piece of the action?" Perhaps a conspiracy that if everyone lands a few rounds then no one can be blamed?

Sheesh!

"just shaking my head" about sums it up.
    ever try to point a shotgun at someone from behind the steering wheel with the doors closed...ya, i'd be worried if i was those nice LEs , especially at that distance from the vehicle.

ipse

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    ever try to point a shotgun at someone from behind the steering wheel with the doors closed...ya, i'd be worried if i was those nice LEs , especially at that distance from the vehicle.

ipse
    Well, clearly you read the first two lines of my post. Try the other three to put it all into perspective.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned
    http://www.ct.gov/csao/cwp/view.asp?A=1802&Q=502854

Here's a report in CT noting the difficulty in pointing a gun from inside a vehicle.

" Findings - Violation #1

The amount of force that Officer Northup used to defend himself from the use of or imminent physical force was excessive and unreasonable. No other determining factors were uncovered that would justify that Officer Northup was in any kind of imminent danger of having any type of physical force being used against him. Curtis Cunningham had no weapons that were observed by any of the officers or witnesses on scene and Curtis Cunningham was trapped within the confines of the cab of the truck restricting his access to physically assault or harm any officer or third party."