Thread: Bryant Gumbel HBO troll public with deceptively edited interview. ??Again??

Bryant Gumbel HBO troll public with deceptively edited interview. ??Again??

HBO’s ‘Real Sports’ Trolls Public About America’s Most Popular Rifle
    To argue that the ‘Real Sports’ report on the AR-15 is a broadcast version of anti-gun trolling would be an understatement.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...bo-of-decepti/

http://thefederalist.com/2016/05/27/...popular-rifle/

The lamestream is desperate for clickbait.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-31-2016 at 04:27 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

While his points are most certainly valid, his technical terminology isn't. The AR-15 was full-auto-capable from its inception. Yes, It was a full-auto version that was adopted as the M16 service rifle. But just because most AR-15's are semi-auto does not make it incorrect to refer to a full-auto version as an AR-15, because it still is. Indeed, unless it meets the other criteria for the M16, it is nothing more than a full-auto AR-15.

I have a friend who routinely refers to his full-auto AR-15 as an M16, even though it's a 9mm carbine submachine gun. No, he happens to have a full-auto AR-15 in a 9mm submachine gun configuration. It is most certainly not an M16 in that dress. He makes it a point to correct himself in my presence, humorously.

All of this is aside from what he meant, and the obvious deception in the HBO interview. That said, he's an idiot if he expected fair editing.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quite frankly, very few of the media "talking heads", and that includes Mr. Gumbel, have so much as an ounce of either integrity or credibility.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

http://www.military-today.com/firearms/m16.htm

Colt did not assign M16 to the rifle, the military did.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    Well I want a gun that is more effective than that which will be pointed against me....duh

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Well I want a gun that is more effective than that which will be pointed against me....duh
    10in?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    10in?

The projectile is important too. A 10in projectile is a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    The projectile is important too. A 10in projectile is a good start.
    Diameter. Like a ship's gun.

Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Quite frankly, very few of the media "talking heads", and that includes Mr. Gumbel, have so much as an ounce of either integrity or credibility.
    Or experience, particularly on the subject of firearms.

They're about as credible as a baboon's commentary on the B-52.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.