• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticut Invokes Open Carry in Support of "Assault" Weapons Ban

California Right To Carry

From Connecticut's Brief in Opposition to the cert petition in Shew v. Malloy:

"At the same time that
the Act seeks to achieve compelling public health and
safety goals, it leaves the core of the Second
Amendment right to self defense intact. Connecticut
citizens remain free to lawfully possess, and carry in
public
, over one thousand alternative handguns, rifles
and shotguns." (emphasis added)

The briefs are available at my website by clicking here.

Update by Charles Nichols, President of California Right To Carry – May 31, 2016 – The cert petition has been distributed for the conference of June 16th. The petitioners reply brief is posted above the fold. The case at the cert petition stage is now fully briefed. We now wait and see as to whether or not SCOTUS grants the cert petition. We could know as early as June 16th but June 20th is the more likely date. If the case is relisted again, the last and final conference of this term will be on June 23rd. If it is relisted again then the next conference will be the “long conference” at the end of September.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I doubt SCOTUS will take it. And with the 4-4 split it would not matter.

Thanks for playing ! Asking for relief from tyranny from tyrants? Usually does not work out the way you want.

davidmcbeth

Banned
“We fully intend to renew our challenge to Connecticut’s blatantly unconstitutional ban as soon as there are five Justices sitting on the Supreme Court committed to the proper understanding of the Second Amendment.”
From CCDL web page ... http://ccdl.us/blog/2016/06/20/scotus-declines-ccdl-case/#comments

What? You asked for the gov't to say that their own law is wrong, they don't, and now you plan on asking again? That's the definition of insanity, yes?

And they won't and they know that they won't.

The only folks ahead in these cases are lawyers. Just go pro se if you want to ask permission from the gov't to own guns. Myself? I don't need their permission.

Not hearing the case is/was the best outcome for CCDL. IMO

Last edited: