Thread: Convicting Florida officer in slaying of legally armed citizen may prove difficult

Convicting Florida officer in slaying of legally armed citizen may prove difficult

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Convicting a police officer for an on-duty killing hasn't happened in Florida in nearly three decades, in part because officers are given wide latitude to protect themselves from perceived danger. That will make it difficult for Palm Beach County prosecutors as they try to convict fired Palm Beach Gardens officer Nouman Raja of manslaughter and attempted murder for the fatal shooting of legally armed black musician Corey Jones.
    [ ... ]
    "Officer Raja might not have done everything correctly by procedure. But as a police officer, he was confronted by what he perceived as a deadly threat. You have to look at the facts as he perceived them. If he testifies, he's going to say, 'I believed this person was a threat,'" Rossman said.

Raja's union, the Palm Beach County Police Benevolent Association, defended the officer and said it would pay his legal bills. "Do we want law enforcement officers to hesitate before they do their jobs?" President John Kazanjian said. "I have been in gunfights. There are split-second life or death situations where the officer's perception is number one."

http://www.wkow.com/story/32126345/c...rove-difficult

Remove cops' immunity. They must not hesitate to enforce the law. They must presume citizens as peers if not public masters.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    If the facts presented in the article are correct then the cop should spend the rest of his life in a 8' x 8' cell.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    If the facts presented in the article are correct then the cop should spend the rest of his life in a 8' x 8' cell.
    Perceiving a threat, and a REASONABLE person perceiving a threat... This is what is lost. A crazy/neurotic person can perceive a slice of burnt toast as a threat... A person can pretend to be threatened to gain victim status...

We're seeing cops behaving exactly like Social Justice Warriors. Pretending to be victims as an excuse to act out. In the case of the SJWs, just lots of ridiculous, petty, selfish entitlement demands and demands for censorship of all other opinions. But when cops do it, someone dies, and the guv is always there to help them get away with it because they're a protected class, just like the SJWs... But, their entitlements are murder, rape, etc!

I wore a self-made black paracord bracelet with a blue stripe, and I was accused of impersonating a cop... Cultural Appropriation! So what if those are my favorite colors? The blue stripe is there to remind me, a color code, that this particular bracelet has fishing gear built into it, so I've always got my fishing gear in case I have a brief exposure that some fragile snowflake activist cop wants to use as an opportunity to inflict his entitlements to persecution (and possibly murder) upon me...

Cops are just as bad as these freak protesters we're seeing on college campuses. Except that they're committing murder and getting away with it under the name of "I was afraid" and "I felt threatened, oh no, muh feels!"

Odd that they hate each other when they're essentially the same...

We have to start labeling cops as what they are. They're special snowflakes who's entitlements are much worse than the SJWs... It's easy to see the parallels. It's the corrupt Kangaroo Kourts who promptly show up to say "he dindu nuffin" every time they imagine a threat that isn't there and use it as an excuse to get away with murder. The cops were/are illegally grown out of the judicial branch. There is no separation of powers, and not only a lack of incentive to keep them under control, but much incentive and reward to let them run rampant. By the very nature of it, it is corrupt and dangerous.

That's why there is no valid reason for "law enforcement" to exist. It is inherently corrupt, and attracts exactly the deranged, sick lunatics that government wants to put into that job.

It's not that cops are crap. It's that crap is hand-picked for the job by much larger turds. The people that government wants as cops, are the polar opposite of what the general public wants as cops. You can count the Oath Keepers on one hand... It should be obvious. the Military is steeped in traditions that teach. The Police are not. They are the standing army we should be worried about most of all.
    Last edited by ixtow; 06-03-2016 at 12:24 PM.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Banned
    The standard between when a cop can shoot and when a LAC can shoot is the same. They may have immunity in the law but so does a LAC (just has to be found elsewhere).

Well said! Cops is the armed SJWs!

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Perceiving a threat, and a REASONABLE person perceiving a threat... This is what is lost. A crazy/neurotic person can perceive a slice of burnt toast as a threat... A person can pretend to be threatened to gain victim status...

We're seeing cops behaving exactly like Social Justice Warriors. Pretending to be victims as an excuse to act out. In the case of the SJWs, just lots of ridiculous, petty, selfish entitlement demands and demands for censorship of all other opinions. But when cops do it, someone dies, and the guv is always there to help them get away with it because they're a protected class, just like the SJWs... But, their entitlements are murder, rape, etc!

I wore a self-made black paracord bracelet with a blue stripe, and I was accused of impersonating a cop... Cultural Appropriation! So what if those are my favorite colors? The blue stripe is there to remind me, a color code, that this particular bracelet has fishing gear built into it, so I've always got my fishing gear in case I have a brief exposure that some fragile snowflake activist cop wants to use as an opportunity to inflict his entitlements to persecution (and possibly murder) upon me...

Cops are just as bad as these freak protesters we're seeing on college campuses. Except that they're committing murder and getting away with it under the name of "I was afraid" and "I felt threatened, oh no, muh feels!"

Odd that they hate each other when they're essentially the same...

We have to start labeling cops as what they are. They're special snowflakes who's entitlements are much worse than the SJWs... It's easy to see the parallels. It's the corrupt Kangaroo Kourts who promptly show up to say "he dindu nuffin" every time they imagine a threat that isn't there and use it as an excuse to get away with murder. The cops were/are illegally grown out of the judicial branch. There is no separation of powers, and not only a lack of incentive to keep them under control, but much incentive and reward to let them run rampant. By the very nature of it, it is corrupt and dangerous.

That's why there is no valid reason for "law enforcement" to exist. It is inherently corrupt, and attracts exactly the deranged, sick lunatics that government wants to put into that job.

It's not that cops are crap. It's that crap is hand-picked for the job by much larger turds. The people that government wants as cops, are the polar opposite of what the general public wants as cops. You can count the Oath Keepers on one hand... It should be obvious. the Military is steeped in traditions that teach. The Police are not. They are the standing army we should be worried about most of all.
    Well said!
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    The standard between when a cop can shoot and when a LAC can shoot is the same. They may have immunity in the law but so does a LAC (just has to be found elsewhere).
    You may as well quote the dictionary definition of feminism while ignoring that modern feminism does not in any way resemble that definition...

Sure, this is how it's SUPPOSED to be, but in practice, it's nowhere close to this.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    You may as well quote the dictionary definition of feminism while ignoring that modern feminism does not in any way resemble that definition...

Sure, this is how it's SUPPOSED to be, but in practice, it's nowhere close to this.
    Its up to your consul to get this into the jury's instructions or ears.

Use the words "You're under citizen's arrest..under the authority of [your state statute]."

You can arrest anyone ....