• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trump supporters being attacked in Calf.

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/p...y-in-San-Jose-Draws-Protesters-381728251.html

"At some point Donald Trump needs to take responsibility for the irresponsible behavior of his campaign," Liccardo said.

As usual , democrats want to blame someone else.

Maybe Bernie will win Calf. ? That would be a hoot.

Clinton is purported to say that Trump should not have nuke codes .. but really Ms. Lizzurd, if you get them you'll just email them on a unsecured email account, so he'd have them anyway.

Freedom1Man

Another case of blaming the victims.

His people, from what I have seen, have been polite.

Hillary Clinton, she calls Trump a liar, if she wants to find a liar, all she needs to do is look into a mirror.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

since9

Campaign Veteran
"At some point Donald Trump needs to take responsibility for the irresponsible behavior of his campaign," Liccardo said.

This is a clear-cut case of Isaiah 5:20: "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter."

Clinton is purported to say that Trump should not have nuke codes .. but really Ms. Lizzurd, if you get them you'll just email them on a unsecured email account, so he'd have them anyway.

The United States has a two-man rule in place, and while only the president can order the release of nuclear weapons, the order must be confirmed by the Secretary of Defense. The current Secretary of Defense is Ashton Carter, who was confirmed as the 25th Secretary of Defense on February 12, 2015, and assumed office on February 17, 2015. Yes, he's a Demoncrap and was nominated by President Barack Obama. However, he was confirmed by the Senate by a vote of 93–5. The lopsidedness of that vote alone indicates the widespread confidence both parties have in his ability to do the job, including saying, "I do not concur, Mr. President" should Obama ever order a nuclear strike for dubious reasons.

If Clinton wins, I don't know if she would keep Ash Carter or replace him with her own pick. I think she would have a difficult time getting approval if her nomination didn't receive wide, bi-partisan confidence and support.

Then there's the line of officers involved in all aspects of a launch once an order is given to launch. Their oaths of office i.e. they loyalty is (supposed to be) to the Constitution, not the chain of command. If anything from on high seemed suspicious, I have no doubt that questions would be raised.

ETA: Ash Carter's authorship: In addition to authoring numerous articles, scientific publications, government studies, and Congressional testimonies, Carter co-edited and co-authored 11 books:

MX Missile Basing (1981)
Ballistic Missile Defense (1984)
Directed Energy Missile Defense in Space (1984)
Ballistic Missile Defense (1984)
Managing Nuclear Operations (1987)
Soviet Nuclear Fission: Control of the Nuclear Arsenal in a Disintegrating Soviet Union (1991)
Beyond Spinoff: Military and Commercial Technologies in a Changing World (1992)
A New Concept of Cooperative Security (1992)
Cooperative Denuclearization: From Pledges to Deeds (1993)
Preventive Defense: A New Security Strategy for America (1997)
Keeping the Edge: Managing Defense for the Future (2001)

Unless it's in retaliation for a massive first-strike by the enemy, Ash Carter is not likely to agree to a nuclear strike unless all other non-nuclear options have been explored.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
San Jose PD did not protect Trump supporters out of fear of inciting further violence

"The San Jose police said, 'The police personnel on scene had the difficult task of weighing the need to immediately apprehend the suspect(s) against the possibility that police action involving the use of physical force under the circumstances would further insight the crowd and produce more violent behavior.' "

Our Constitution guarantees the right to peaceably assemble. It does not convey any right, privilege, or permission to riot. The moment the first hint of violence reared its head, it was time to take immediate and decisive action.

If the San Jose Police Department cannot or will not do their job to "serve and protect," they need to quit. Now.

since9

Campaign Veteran
]Ridiculous! I'd like to call this a bad fiction, but fairy tail would be more descriptive.

"Fairy tale (SIC - spelling)?" First, your response was off-target, focusing on normal events, and not what people would do when faced with the imminent threat of nuclear war. If you think it would be business as usual i.e. pre-signed letters of resignation executed at the first "No, Mr. President, I do not concur," you're sadly mistaken, as that is not how SIOP works, and no, the President can not override the system, even by executing pre-signed letters of resignation.

Second, your response utterly bypassed the integrity of the officer corps.

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

SNIP

Unless it's in retaliation for a massive first-strike by the enemy, Ash Carter is not likely to agree to a nuclear strike unless all other non-nuclear options have been explored.

Who is dropping the, "rods from god," then? They seem to have nuclear warheads on them.

They were dropped on Ecuador.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

HPmatt

Since9 - think the same article;

From the San Jose Mercury News:
"While it appeared to many onlookers that police allowed the violence to proceed unchecked, San Jose police Chief Eddie Garcia insisted that it was more important for police to hold their "skirmish line" formations than to stop individual attacks. Four arrests were made.

"We are not an 'occupying force' and cannot reflect the chaotic tactics of the protesters," Garcia told reporters. Unless a victim's life was in peril or the violence was "spiraling out of control," he said, officers held back to avoid inciting more violence and having the crowd turn on officers. He also said the 250 police weren't enough to control the roughly 400 protesters.

Liccardo praised the police restraint."

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...rotest-san-jose-police-chief-defends-officers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
From what I understand of the Supreme Court's ruling, it deals with the issue of a police force hired by an incorporated municipality to enforce the rules of that municipality, none of which required their hired forces to risk their lives to save those of the citizens.

For that matter, I do not have any sort of requirement to save my own life, either.

But you can damned well bet I'll never go down without a fight. :)

OC for ME

I am confident that SJPD would have engaged a Trump supporter who, if lawfully armed, used his firearm to defend himself from a violent unprovoked attack. Knowing that it is California, SJPD is confident that any Trump supporter would not be armed, and thus would not need any SJPD assistance to stop a misdemeanor assault they are a victim of. Besides, if a citizen supports Trump it is logical-ish that SJPD would deem that assault as well deserved.

SJPD is not interested in law and order and they are certainly not interested in protecting anyone but themselves.