Thread: ATF Publishes Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on Gun Storage

ATF Publishes Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on Gun Storage

Here's the GPO site and the NPRM

I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

You're on my ignore list

Quote Originally Posted by oldbanger View Post
    You're on my ignore list
    Your loss is my gain.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbanger View Post
    You're on my ignore list
    But, apparently your ignore list doesn't work.

Last edited by solus; 06-06-2016 at 06:48 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    and OP, might i inquire why you feel this FFL unique rule change regarding storage/safety devices is of import for JQPublic?

ipse

added: Color of Law, i wasn't going to delve into that abyss...
    It may effect prices? Maybe. Its a garbage rule that does nothing.

BATFE mandating how I store my firearm in my home?

That's beyond their purview, the same as it was beyond their purview when they (repeatedly) attempted to curb both OC and CC throughout these United States of America.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    BATFE mandating how I store my firearm in my home?
    I believe the rule making changes regarding safe storage only affect FFL applicants (people seeking Federal Firearms Licenses - required to operate a gun store or like business).

Quote Originally Posted by markand View Post
    I believe the rule making changes regarding safe storage only affect FFL applicants (people seeking Federal Firearms Licenses - required to operate a gun store or like business).
    applies to all FFLs if passed...BATF is tired of dealers/etc., storing their firearm inventory in glass cases or left on the walls with a basic chain run through the trigger guard when the store is closed for business as it makes for easy pick'ns for the BGs.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

applies to all FFLs if passed...BATF is tired of dealers/etc., storing their firearm inventory in glass cases or left on the walls with a basic chain run through the trigger guard when the store is closed for business as it makes for easy pick'ns for the BGs.

ipse
    One of the pawn shops I stopped in had a 120 pound security device with sharp teeth. A pair of those would even be better.

Mine is only 80 pounds but he also has sharp teeth.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

ipse

BATF should not be imposing these types of rules.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    BATF should not be imposing these types of rules.
    tell em that...

personally, i think FFLs who leave their firearm inventory in glass cases and hanging on the walls with a loop of chain through the trigger guard need to be vandalized so the BG/thugs in chicago, DC, Baltimore, etc., do not have to pay such high prices for their guns from the black market scammers. (sarcasm off)

ipse

and OP, might i inquire why you feel this FFL unique rule change regarding storage/safety devices is of import for JQPublic?

ipse

Its a Rule made by a govt agency. JQP needs to know, and pay attention, whether he realizes it or not.

Nemo

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    But, apparently your ignore list doesn't work.
    lol