Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: The State of Alabama has gifted retired military personel who own a firearm

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213

    The State of Alabama has gifted retired military personel who own a firearm

    Aah yes. Now i don't know how the situation is with 2A in Alabama but the legislature has done something good for retired military personnel who reside in that state. A CCL at no charge!

    http://patriotupdate.com/retired-mil...N2M2NjIwIn0%3D
    Last edited by Law abider; 06-06-2016 at 06:47 PM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,871
    quote HB 98: ( The words "retired military veteran" as used in this section, unless the context clearly requires a different meaning, means only those persons who are nondisability retirees from active duty in the Army, or the Navy, or the Marine Corps, or the Air Force, or the Coast Guard of the United States. unquote. (sent to the governor 4 May 16) https://legiscan.com/AL/text/HB98/2016

    guess what Law Abider, by your own self 'possible' mentality and statements you have made elsewhere on this forum, if service members served in a war zone they suffer from PTSD and therefore, by your own concepts are considered disabled and therefore apparently not eligible to receive this boon for their service to our country.

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #3
    Regular Member HPmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,597
    I think the gift is from the taxpayers in the state of Alabama, not the Governor.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    And we all want free stuff ... gimme gimme gimme. Jeez, don't they get pensions or something?

    Why not all vets?

    Why not all veterinarians?

    Why not all vegetarians?

    Why not all egalitarians ?

    Why not all phosopotarians ?

    etc....

  5. #5
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,613
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    And we all want free stuff ... gimme gimme gimme. Jeez, don't they get pensions or something?

    --snipped--

    etc....
    Why not go the entire distance and pass Constitutional Carry and issue such permits as might be wanted for travel to other states at no charge? Or would some say that's just more freebies for a certain group?

    I'm still looking in the Constitution for where it says we have RKBA only after paying for it.........again.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Why not go the entire distance and pass Constitutional Carry and issue such permits as might be wanted for travel to other states at no charge? Or would some say that's just more freebies for a certain group?

    I'm still looking in the Constitution for where it says we have RKBA only after paying for it.........again.
    Grape, I think Dave has been saying that for a long time.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    quote HB 98: ( The words "retired military veteran" as used in this section, unless the context clearly requires a different meaning, means only those persons who are nondisability retirees from active duty in the Army, or the Navy, or the Marine Corps, or the Air Force, or the Coast Guard of the United States. unquote. (sent to the governor 4 May 16) https://legiscan.com/AL/text/HB98/2016

    guess what Law Abider, by your own self 'possible' mentality and statements you have made elsewhere on this forum, if service members served in a war zone they suffer from PTSD and therefore, by your own concepts are considered disabled and therefore apparently not eligible to receive this boon for their service to our country.

    ipse
    Guess you forgot to look at the stats from the Garza incident. The PTSD is not 100%.

  8. #8
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Grape, I think Dave has been saying that for a long time.
    Whoops my mistake.

    I thought we were voting on it.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Whoops my mistake.

    I thought we were voting on it.
    Your vote has been duly noted !

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMElvPDza9Q

  10. #10
    Regular Member SFCRetired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montgomery, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    And we all want free stuff ... gimme gimme gimme. Jeez, don't they get pensions or something?

    Why not all vets?

    Why not all veterinarians?

    Why not all vegetarians?

    Why not all egalitarians ?

    Why not all phosopotarians ?

    etc....
    Yes, those of us who retired do receive a pension. And we earned every penny of it. How many seventy-two hour long days have you put in? Have you ever had a job where you were considered to be on duty 24/7? How about a job where a phone call in the wee hours of the morning could mean that you wouldn't be home for days, weeks, months, or even ever?

    For the record; Retired LEOs in Alabama have been given free pistol permits for many years. I don't think they earned it nearly as much as those of us who served in the military. And I would much rather have seen the law passed doing away with the need for a permit to carry in your vehicle. Our wonderful Alabama Sheriffs' Association had a lot to do with defeating that again this legislative year.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Yes, those of us who retired do receive a pension. And we earned every penny of it. How many seventy-two hour long days have you put in? Have you ever had a job where you were considered to be on duty 24/7? How about a job where a phone call in the wee hours of the morning could mean that you wouldn't be home for days, weeks, months, or even ever?

    For the record; Retired LEOs in Alabama have been given free pistol permits for many years. I don't think they earned it nearly as much as those of us who served in the military. And I would much rather have seen the law passed doing away with the need for a permit to carry in your vehicle. Our wonderful Alabama Sheriffs' Association had a lot to do with defeating that again this legislative year.
    Every job 24/7 ... longest workday = 86 hrs .... gone for long time periods ... [outside of my military service, yes I'm a vet!---I think my longest military day was 6 hrs -- Air Force ya know, steaks and eggs for breakfast everyday, breakfast in bed etc.].

    No guberment worker should be getting anything free ... we taxpayers already got soaked. And yes, military personnel are way over paid IMO....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •