• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Four Ways Hillary Is Working to END Gun Ownership in America

since9

Campaign Veteran
Another excellent article by John Lott.

Summary:

1. By her many answers to various questions, Hillary Clinton has made it clear that she will appoint Supreme Court Justices who will allow un-Constitutional gun bans. That her gross misunderstanding of the Second Amendment is hugely flawed is a severe understatement.

2. Push for the 25% punitive tax on handguns. She first brought this up in 1993 and continues to wax on about the huge costs of gun violence without mentioning the roughly 400% to 500% greater cost savings achieved by armed citizens who stop crimes. Here, Hillary Clinton demonstrates her gross incompetence in the field of economics. One does not levy punitive taxes on behaviors that save society far more dollars that it costs.

3. Push for increased background checks for all aspects of firearms commerce, including private sales, ammunition, and even buying replacement parts for commonly worn items. Again, quite stupid, unless your only goal is to tax it out of existence.

4. Push to make gun makers and sellers liable for guns used in crimes. What's next? Probably owners, even if their guns are stolen, but you can be she will go after any lawful use of a firearm for self-defense, attempting to make it "criminal" to use a deadly weapon, even if it means saving one's own life.

What's the cost of all this? Let's add it up:

1. Cannot be assessed at this time, although I would peg it between 100% and 10,000% (between doubling the cost of a firearm and raising its cost 100 times).

2. An additional 25%, but that's to start. If she gets her way, what's to stop her from lying about the program by calling it "successful" and cranking that cost up to 100%? About about 200%? Try 500% to 1,000% (ten times the current cost).

3. If background checks are given free reign, like most government programs, they'll hyper-inflate and become super-stupid, costing everything while doing nothing. I dunno... $400 to $500? Another 100% tax.

4. Again, this cannot be assessed at this time, although liability remains the greatest cost component in automobile insurance in our litiginous-prone society. Call it another 5,000%.

All told, if Hillary gets her way, we're looking at the cost of a $625 handgun skyrocketing to well over $10,000. To make it more palatable to the masses, she will undoubtedly only assess some of these costs up front, screw the rest into our angry souls as ongoing taxes and mandatory insurance that will be as hyper-inflated as the hogwash she spews forth every time she mentions anything having to do with our right to keep and bear arms.

davidmcbeth

Banned
These lizzurds know our RKBA .... issue is that they want to continue to deny us these basic rights. and more

I tell them right to their faces that they are lizzurds and, no, I am not interested in what a lizzurd says.

since9

Campaign Veteran
These lizzurds know our RKBA .... issue is that they want to continue to deny us these basic rights. and more

I tell them right to their faces that they are lizzurds and, no, I am not interested in what a lizzurd says.

Are you interested in countering the lizzurds? Pulling their teeth?

ETA: Because if you are, that's reason enough to take what a lizzurd says (you'd have to read it first, through), flip it around until it makes sense once again, and toss it back in their face, preferably in public and on their own dime, no less.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Are you interested in countering the lizzurds? Pulling their teeth?

ETA: Because if you are, that's reason enough to take what a lizzurd says (you'd have to read it first, through), flip it around until it makes sense once again, and toss it back in their face, preferably in public and on their own dime, no less.
Indeed - ignoring a problem won't make it go away.

No free pass, no free lunch.

Read, listen and tell others what she is really indicating she will do. Then explain how that is bad/dangerous. People are getting off the fence all over this land of ours and former antis are seeing the light. Help them, motivate them to do the right thing.