Thread: no drinking for navy folks in japan anymore ... wtf is this?

earth's crust

no drinking for navy folks in japan anymore ... wtf is this?

Imbibing will be banned both on and off base, and sailors will no longer be able to freely leave their bases. Leaving base grounds will be allowed only for running necessary errands, or commuting from an off-base home.

Read more here:

see the world?

Georgia, USA
    I spent 3yrs stationed in Okinawa and 6 months on Temporary Duty there the year after. The Air Force and Army were always pretty well behaved but some other units had bad reputations on the island. I wonder if there's going to be a 'reverse black market' where instead of getting liquor at the Class 6 store to sell/trade, people will ask Okinawan friends to obtain liquor on the civilian market for them? (( Still gonna be a Major CF to drink on base if you're the average lower enlisted barracks rat.))

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    It's either a consequence if successive ill behaviors, or its a consequence of over-political correctness. In my mind, any of the latter constitutes an overage.

Possibly a combination of both?

As for "See the world, but do not touch," I say, "No thanks."
    Last edited by since9; 06-11-2016 at 04:28 AM.
    The 1st protects the 2nd, and the 2nd protects the 1st. GET THIS OR LOSE IT ALLl: 27-2=0. Our 2A is THE bellwether, and ain't none finer: Islamic Reality. Our Founding Fathers on Church and State. PC=ZERO.

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Sailors belong on ships and ships belong at sea.
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016