Thread: I don't want to be a democrat!

I don't want to be a democrat!

My daughter wants to be president one day. She told my wife and I that when she is president people will have to come to her for permission to carry a gun. I responded "Oh, so you are a democrat?". The video shows what happened next.

She knows democrats take money from working people and give it to freeloaders who sit home all day doing nothing.

youtube video
    Last edited by boundlessdyad; 06-11-2016 at 09:40 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    That video should go platinum!
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Have another of some GOP member crying about GOP politicians who care less than most DEMS about carry rights ?

Cute kid. Hope she wasn't too traumatized. LOL
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Terrific goal! Alas, we spend half our lives working through the internal conflict.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Please tell her not to worry about the breakdown.

Donald Trump's candidacy is inspiring similar expressions of cognitive dissonance among the GOP leadership as well.

If John Boehner was still Speaker they would need to install rear airplane seat cushions in House Members' chairs lest Congresspeople drown when the man on the dias finally would let loose about the future of his party.

When our daughter was in Kindergarten, and I was working p/t in Berlin, she came home bursting w pride and asked me who the best President was? Bill Clinton...I nicely corrected her - he was the current President, but the best one was Ronald Reagan. In order to plant the seed deep, but in a nice way, I told her about Clinton's vetoing the DC voucher program - those kids couldn't attend a nice school like hers anymore...

A few weeks later, when calling home from Germany, my wife asked me if I was happy with myself??? She said our daughter woke up crying the other night saying 'Bill Clinton was going to make her go to a bad school'....[emoji3][emoji898][emoji469][emoji469]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

My daughter has a sound education, an earned doctorate, and is a well principled conservative.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWttKddn_Hw

the vid showing two democrats stuck on an escalator.

olde yes...still applicable today.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWttKddn_Hw

the vid showing two democrats stuck on an escalator.

olde yes...still applicable today.

ipse
    Notice anything else about the persons stuck?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    i wasn't going there...nope, as Sergeant Schultz used to said...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    i wasn't going there...nope, as Sergeant Schultz used to said...

ipse
    Him and Klink actor were both Jews ... conditions were made prior to Klink agreeing to take the part....

Who does not like Schultz ? He was great.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 06-19-2016 at 05:44 PM.

They are both well dressed?

The companies they work for are both likely recipients of corporate welfare?

Him and Klink actor were both Jews ... conditions were made prior to Klink agreeing to take the part....

Who does not like Schultz ? He was great.
    From Wikipedia:

The actors who played the four major German roles—Werner Klemperer (Klink),[61] John Banner (Schultz), Leon Askin (Burkhalter), and Howard Caine (Hochstetter)—were Jewish. Furthermore, Klemperer, Banner, Askin, and Robert Clary (LeBeau) were Jews who had fled the Nazis during World War II. Clary says in the recorded commentary on the DVD version of episode "Art for Hogan's Sake" that he spent three years in a concentration camp, that his parents and other family members were killed there, and that he has an identity tattoo from the camp on his arm ("A-5714"). Likewise John Banner had been held in a (pre-war) concentration camp and his family was killed during the war. Leon Askin was also in a pre-war French internment camp and his parents were killed at Treblinka. Howard Caine, who was also Jewish (his birth name was Cohen), was American, and Jewish actors Harold Gould and Harold J. Stone made multiple appearances playing German generals.
    As a teenager, Werner Klemperer (son of the conductor Otto Klemperer) fled Hitler's Germany with his family in 1933. During the show's production, he insisted that Hogan always win over his Nazi captors or else he would not take the part of Klink. He defended his playing a Luftwaffe Officer by claiming, "I am an actor. If I can play Richard III, I can play a Nazi." Banner attempted to sum up the paradox of his role by saying, "Who can play Nazis better than us Jews?" Klemperer, Banner, Caine, Gould, and Askin play stereotypical World War II Germans, and all had served in the U.S. Armed Forces during World War II — Banner[62] and Askin in the U.S. Army Air Corps, Caine in the U.S. Navy, Gould with the U.S. Army, and Klemperer in a U.S. Army Entertainment Unit.

Never knew that - adds a certain poignancy to the shows.

“Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

I know that we US would learn more of our culture were we to again wear Judenstern rather than rainbows.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

meine Herren wasn't thinking of the Rosa Winkel was he?

tschüss

ipse

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post

They wanted the actor who played Klink in the show; he agreed upon the condition that the Germans were never successful in the episodes.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post

Just adding a little more poignancy.

There is a video on YouTube of an interview of Robert Clary (LeBeau) later in life. He's wearing a short-sleeve shirt. You can only catch a couple fleeting glimpses because of the way he's sitting, but the concentration camp serial number from his childhood is still visible on his forearm.

Oh, heck. Let me find it for you.

Here it is. Watch closely for the top side of his left forearm to sit still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4F44MKi5oU
    Last edited by Citizen; 06-30-2016 at 08:20 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

I don't want to be a democrat!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Just adding a little more poignancy.

There is a video on YouTube of an interview of Robert Clary (LeBeau) later in life. He's wearing a short-sleeve shirt. You can only catch a couple fleeting glimpses because of the way he's sitting, but the concentration camp serial number from his childhood is still visible on his forearm.
    I liked his comment when Merv Griffin kept asking him about it - 'I was in the Navy'...
    Only 1 of 14 siblings that returned...
    Last edited by HPmatt; 07-01-2016 at 08:30 AM.
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651