Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Here's a place holder for the Orlando Pulse shooting. 20 reportedly dead.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rscottie View Post
    If you watch the video of what Donald Trump actually said about Muslim immigration, you would know that he said that we should stop allowing unvetted muslim immigrants in until the government could figure out how to determine if they were terrorists or not.

He NEVER said he wanted to BAN MUSLIMS.
    Not to worry. The government has already been doing that for years.

Which bureaucracy in history would ever take a chance when that chance risked a black eye, public criticism--and a reduction in budget? As a bureaucrat, the only thing you can be held accountable for is if you do not follow policy. If you follow policy to the letter and take no risks, you cannot be held accountable. Why do anything but take the safe route?

A couple years ago I had occasion to talk to a young Afghan woman. She was a an employee of a business with which I frequently did business. We happened to bump into each other in public. For whatever reason, she felt sufficiently comfortable with me to ask my advice on an immigration question. (I suspect that it was because as an OC advocate, I am always pleasant and slightly playful with the employees of businesses I visit.) She had a problem. She was here, but her young husband was stuck in Afghanistan. The "stuck" wasn't caused by inability to pay for travel. It was caused by US immigration authorities. As we talked, she broke down in tears--the separation from her love. At least one "free" immigration attorney had told her there was no hope. It all boiled down to this: his name was Mohammed, and authorities could not verify he was not a risk.

Why would a bureaucrat take the risk? Any risk at all? As long as there is a "safe" way out, why take any other course?

And, true to form, the weasels didn't even have the guts to refuse his request to immigrate. They sent letters stating their intent to refuse. They couldn't even actually refuse; they said they intended to refuse--meaning at some future date. What do you want to bet there is some legal angle there? Just guessing, but the first that pops to mind is that an actual refusal is appealable or some such, while an "intent to refuse" keeps the requester in a state of suspended animation.

If I may range a bit wide, I would like to point out a couple things.

First, she would have no more than a very long-shot hope of getting her husband here by consulting me. I was just a customer of hers. What on earth would the knowing wife of a terrorist hope to gain by breaking down in tears in front of me? If it was an act or a manipulation, she had just as much hope of success as consulting and crying to the dog-catcher.

Second, denying someone immigration because he's named Mohammed (the letters never said exactly why, this was the young woman's guess) is literally like denying an otherwise legitimate Latino immigrant because he's named Hey'-soos. (Jesus). Just because a guy is named after the most important person in his religion (by his parents when he was too young to say anything about it)? Really? Of course, not. The bureaucrats were taking the "safe route" instead of using judgment. And, thereby keeping a young man 8K miles from uniting with his wife, living together, sharing happiness, reduced expenses, and everything else it would mean. All so a couple of bureaucrats could be more comfortable and secure in their jobs parasitically leeching their pay from taxpayers.

So, not worry. Bureaucrats have been refusing immigration to Muslims who cannot prove a negative--verify they are not dangerous--for years.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    "Orlando Shooter's Co-Worker Says He Was 'Filled With Rage" (big surprise there)

https://gma.yahoo.com/orlando-shoote...opstories.html
    I've cancelled a few orders off my website due to senselessly angry inquiries. These guys really do give themselves away pretty easily.

"WHERE IS MY TRACKING NUMBER! WHY HAVEN'T YOU SHIPPED IT!" About 8 minutes after placing the order... No pint talking to them, they just get angrier and angrier that a filthy infidel is actually talking to them... The delivery address is almost always in Yew York City. At a re-mailer... Check the IP with MaxMind GeoIP service, bingo, Saudi Arabia.

Derp, order cancelled! Raging hate mail to follow... Now, I don't even tell them. I just refund the card and say not a word. They still push demands and rage on... Don't even bother to look at their online bank info to realize I refunded it weeks ago...

They're so superior, and pissed that they have to talk to an infidel...

I saw riding the bike down to the spring a few hours ago. Saw a car pulled over to the side (right next to the church), just sitting there. Figured I'd see if he was stuck, lost, etc... As I get closer, dark skin, lots of facial hair, kinda short. Say hi, ask if he needs help. He goes on this long explanation of why he's there, who he's waiting for... No accent of any sort. Maybe he's Mexican? Or a refugee? I have no idea. I just wondered if he needed some help. I guess he's used to being interrogated... So, that must mean...

I'm buying a sailboat. I saw this coming 20 years ago, but I'm just a crazy person, eh? Not only do some consider common sense a superpower, those who hate it say it's insanity... This society has nothing to offer me. And you wonder why I get depressed?

Water, water everywhere... A nation of such stupid animals is bound to reap what it sows. Quit acting so surprised.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

UPDATE!! Orlando Pulse collateral damage

Lynch’s meeting with first responders comes as Orlando police face continued questions about the response to the rampage.

On Monday, police Chief John Mina said that if any fire from responding officers hit victims at the club, gunman Mateen bears the responsibility. He wouldn’t give further details but said: “Here’s what I will tell you. Those killings are on the suspect, on the suspect alone in my mind.” He stressed that the officers “acted heroically.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...wake-of-deadl/
    The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense. I am responsible for what I write, not for your understanding of it. Gee Zeus, get a grip on 'yourself'!

i find it also interesting the chief is now providing minimal anecdotal evidence, w/conveniently available photos, of his employee's rescuing those from the nightclub during the 3 hours of down time.

ipse
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    i find it also interesting the chief is now providing minimal anecdotal evidence, w/conveniently available photos, of his employee's rescuing those from the nightclub during the 3 hours of down time.

ipse[/QUOTE

Maintaining the hero worship illusion is a very calculated, fruitful endeavor for the heroes.
    Last edited by 2OLD2W8; 06-21-2016 at 09:30 AM.
    “We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand

"free people ought...to be armed." In so doing we grasp the larger lesson that the ability to defend ourselves is part and parcel to our freedom. George Washington , January 7, 1790

Why the Orlando Pulse shooter fired, conflicted by his homosexuality.

Investigators probing the killer behind the mass shooting in Orlando, Florida, are finding evidence of an angry young man likely conflicted about his sexuality. A small but growing body of research suggests that some men with strong homophobic attitudes may be gay themselves, and that homophobia itself may signal other mental issues.

Such research could provide much-needed data in an era when gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people are the largest target group for hate crimes in the United States, according to Federal Bureau of Investigation statistics, and twice as likely as African-Americans to be targets of violence. (A decade ago, Jews were the top targets.)

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/...-shooter-fired
    The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense. I am responsible for what I write, not for your understanding of it. Gee Zeus, get a grip on 'yourself'!

i'll just leave this here

it starts off kinda boring, but it's ultimately worth the watch.

https://youtu.be/8cxHqwyr2-0
    Last edited by hammer6; 06-21-2016 at 02:00 PM. Reason: description
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Thanks NOT for the blind video link.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    it starts off kinda boring, but it's ultimately worth the watch.
    Or not. "Philip Haney Press Conference: "See Something, Say Nothing". 27:22

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Or not. "Philip Haney Press Conference: "See Something, Say Nothing". 27:22
    ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Blasé Father Mateen sits with Hillary at rally in Kissimmee

Orlando Pulse Gay Club Terror Attack ‘Triggered’ by Pentagon Drone Strike

The domestic terrorist behind the Orlando nightclub massacre was motivated by a Pentagon drone strike in Iraq a month before the shooting, according to police transcripts made public last week.

Conversations between Omar Mateen and an Orlando police negotiator on June 12 were kept secret by FBI and local police until Friday. The secrecy contributed to misleading media accounts of the terrorist’s motives in the days after the killings.

The transcripts were released by Orlando police Friday after a Florida court hearing held in response to a lawsuit filed by several news organizations.

http://freebeacon.com/national-secur...-drone-strike/

http://freebeacon.com/wp-content/upl...923_ver1.0.pdf
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-28-2016 at 09:43 AM.

glad the nice LEs got their story down with a 'transcript' showing that he was a terrorist after all and of course the individual's rant and tirade couldn't possibly be considered bravado in the heat of the moment as there is i am sure the nice investigators have other objective evidence substantiating the shooter's bravado.

and i find it interesting, quote:
    The Orlando attack was the deadliest terrorist incident since the September 11, 2001, attacks. The FBI would later reveal it investigated Mateen twice but claimed there was a lack of evidence he was linked to Islamic terrorism. unquote

yet now, through the use of this, at best described as a bravado 'transcript', they have confirmed the shooter is in fact has terrorist ties...

(sidebar ~ didn't the FBI fail during the 911 attacks by not following through with the aeroplane lesson lead...hummm)

further, why a GLBT club to make your statement about the drone attacks in far away countries ~ quote: Investigators later dismissed as a false claim that Mateen was driven to the killing spree by gay self-hatred. unquote

http://freebeacon.com/national-secur...-drone-strike/

alas the whole kit-n-kaboodle is sealed for posterity and leaves a lot of questions unanswered...

1. what happen to the off duty officer and how many did they kill shooting across the dance floor?
    2. did the negotiator coax the shooter out under a promise of a white flag and then have the police gun him down as he exited through the hole the nice LEs blew in the building.
    3. why the significant delay in response by the nice LEs? (e.g., failed to enter the facility, failed to rescue victims, etc.)

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 09-28-2016 at 11:33 AM.
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Unpleasant truths are hidden behind memes subjectively unpleasant and pleasant. Always look behind the curtain (an allusion to Wizard of Oz that I need to research). How many memes can you count in the Pulse story? Pulse, gay, LGBT, police, SWAT, shooter, bravado, Islam, Muslim, transcript, FBI, 9 1 1, evidence ...
    Pretty much any and all nouns are spun from their clear meaning.

A smidgen of Wag the Dog????
    “We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand

"free people ought...to be armed." In so doing we grasp the larger lesson that the ability to defend ourselves is part and parcel to our freedom. George Washington , January 7, 1790

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345