Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun stocks are surging after Omar Mateen shooting

Gun stocks are surging after Omar Mateen shooting

President Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, both called for stricter gun-control measures in statements on Sunday.

And amid prior calls from the White House to toughen laws, gunmakers have reported increased demand for their products; the concern among consumers is that guns may be harder to buy in the future if stricter legislation is passed.

http://www.businessinsider.com/gunma...hooting-2016-6
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    President Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, both called for stricter gun-control measures in statements on Sunday.

And amid prior calls from the White House to toughen laws, gunmakers have reported increased demand for their products; the concern among consumers is that guns may be harder to buy in the future if stricter legislation is passed.

http://www.businessinsider.com/gunma...hooting-2016-6
    JQPublic's mentality was the same right before the current presidency started...

sigh...

ipse

added observation...did you notice the attribution on the photo on the article you cited..."REUTERS/Bazuki Muhammad" dontcha love it...
    Last edited by solus; 06-13-2016 at 12:59 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

glad I bought more bullets Friday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

It's very telling that the only folks who come out on top of these shooting tragedies are the NRA and their bosses in the gun industries (and the politicians in their pay).

Banned
    Really, I am not surprised about the shoot. The gay/lesbian/trans community has been an in-your-face community in respect to issues that many have religious objections about.

I think religion has killed more people than any guns.

If the abortion community was in all the malls trying to convince folks to have abortions and were in our faces, I would bet that the same thing would happen.

As far as the sale of the gun model, not surprising either .. a proven winner...as well as gun stocks in general.

I hope all the gays sue the place for being GFZ and not protecting them.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 06-13-2016 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Really, I am not surprised about the shoot. The gay/lesbian/trans community has been an in-your-face community in respect to issues that many have religious objections about.

I think religion has killed more people than any guns.

If the abortion community was in all the malls trying to convince folks to have abortions and were in our faces, I would bet that the same thing would happen.

As far as the sale of the gun model, not surprising either .. a proven winner...as well as gun stocks in general.

I hope all the gays sue the place for being GFZ and not protecting them.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...rlando-attack/

quote:Several prominent gay-rights activists took to social media to blame Christians for Sunday’s massacre at a gay nightclub in Orlando.Chase Strangio, a staff attorney at the American Civil Liberties Union, on Sunday said the “Christian Right” is implicated in the slaughter by passing “anti-LGBT bills.”
    “The Christian Right has introduced 200 anti-LGBT bills in the last six months, and people are blaming Islam for this. No,” Mr. Strangio said in a Twitter post.unquote

and so it begins

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    It's very telling that the only folks who come out on top of these shooting tragedies are the NRA and their bosses in the gun industries (and the politicians in their pay).
    And their clients and we aware citizens, all of US smart enough not to be there.

State Researcher
    With those kinds of results, maybe the Saul Alinsky progressives who normally benefit from violence and the breakdown of social order will stop orchestrating such attacks. I mean, if your tin foil hat is tight as to imply some grand conspiracy theory, let's at least get the actors straight, shall we?
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...rlando-attack/

quote:Several prominent gay-rights activists took to social media to blame Christians for Sunday’s massacre at a gay nightclub in Orlando.Chase Strangio, a staff attorney at the American Civil Liberties Union, on Sunday said the “Christian Right” is implicated in the slaughter by passing “anti-LGBT bills.”
    “The Christian Right has introduced 200 anti-LGBT bills in the last six months, and people are blaming Islam for this. No,” Mr. Strangio said in a Twitter post.unquote

and so it begins

ipse
    Told ya .... they think that they are more special than normal folks.

Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    With those kinds of results, maybe the Saul Alinsky progressives who normally benefit from violence and the breakdown of social order will stop orchestrating such attacks. I mean, if your tin foil hat is tight as to imply some grand conspiracy theory, let's at least get the actors straight, shall we?
    No conspiracy theory. Mass shootings are good for business for the gun industry. True or false?

No conspiracy theory. Mass shootings are good for business for the gun industry. True or false?
    FALSE

It is the response of the establishment to mass shootings that is good for the gun industry, and the electorate's awareness of that response.

TRUMP you prog!
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-14-2016 at 08:28 AM.

FALSE

It is the response of the establishment to mass shootings that is good for the gun industry, and the electorate's awareness of that response.

TRUMP you prog!
    The "establishment" (whatever that is) is not running out and buying guns and ammo because they are afraid of sensible gun laws. It's the small, but fearful and gullible demographic that reacts this way every time the NRA claims that gun confiscation is just around the corner. That would be the regressives. The vast majority of the US isn't going to take the "more guns" philosophy sold by the NRA as a solution to the gun crime problem much longer. That's what the NRA types are afraid of, the loss of sales, not the crime itself.

Liberals, as beebobby again illustrates, see a opportunity to advocate for further erosion of our individual liberty.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I am a proud anti-progressive regressive. What other epithets will the progs throw up for me to embrace? TRUMP you prog!

I am a proud anti-progressive regressive. What other epithets will the progs throw up for me to embrace? TRUMP you prog!
    Trump is the perfect candidate for you.

Trump is the perfect candidate for you.
    YES! TRUMP is the anti-establishment and UN-politically correct President to castrate the progressive movement in the USA.

TRUMP is the Country Class candidate against the Ruling Parties democrat and repugnican.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Though Donald is depicted as smug and arrogant by careful selection from the anti-media, we should ask ourselves if we really want to see Shillary's image on TV nightly, filling billboards along the interstates, AND painted as huge murals on the side of high visibility buildings across our country.

See a typical picture of her linked below - she would be the government here to help you.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/clin...alerts_article
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Though Donald is depicted as smug and arrogant by careful selection from the anti-media, we should ask ourselves if we really want to see Shillary's image on TV nightly, filling billboards along the interstates, AND painted as huge murals on the side of high visibility buildings across our country.

See a typical picture of her linked below - she would be the government here to help you.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/clin...alerts_article
    That would be the image on BeeBobbie's telescreen rather than Big Brother it'll be Big Mammy Clinton.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-14-2016 at 01:00 PM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

From the URL above, "Viewing 16 of 54397 donald trump photos."

State Researcher
    Mass shootings and other terrifying events are good for increasing government power and mounting attacks on our rights. True or false?

TSA, Patriot Act, Endless wars in the Middle East, Calls for renewed and increased infringements of my RKBA. Bi-partisan but always in the same direction.

"You never let a good/serious crisis go to waste." -- attributed to Winston Churchill & Rahm Emanuel
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

--Marxist.org

Mass shootings are also good for highlighting which party is working toward reducing them and which party wants that NRA paycheck.

Mass shootings are also good for highlighting which party is working toward reducing them and which party wants that NRA paycheck.
    There is not a spit of Pearl Jam difference between the Ruling Parties, they are all progressives suffering from the political diarrhea, legislating to make-things-better while we suffer the consequences. Democrat and GOP are bad-cop worse cop played on the political stage.

TRUMP the PC establishment. The GOP is over.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    Mass shootings and other terrifying events are good for increasing government power and mounting attacks on our rights. True or false?

TSA, Patriot Act, Endless wars in the Middle East, Calls for renewed and increased infringements of my RKBA. Bi-partisan but always in the same direction.

"You never let a good/serious crisis go to waste." -- attributed to Winston Churchill & Rahm Emanuel
    That's both true and false ! Gov't power and laws do not effect our actual rights ... but they try !

State Researcher
    Typical, gutless, progressive dodge.

And how do you propose to reduce mass shootings?

By creating even more unarmed, defenseless victims and defenseless victim zones?

A person intent on mass murder, who spends months or longer planning his deeds, who is willing--perhaps even anxious--to die in the effort is going to be deterred by what gun laws exactly?

A riotous mob intent on burning and looting and beating innocent people to death are deterred by what laws, exactly? But a few Korean shopkeepers can protect themselves and their livelihoods with a couple of the guns you progs so hate.

Another mass murder, committed in a statutory gun-free zone. And your answer is to create more gun-free zones and more gun-free victims?

What is it your queen likes to say about the definition of insanity?

Charles
    Last edited by utbagpiper; 06-14-2016 at 07:26 PM.

--Marxist.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast