Thread: Rep.Alan Grayson claims AR-15s can fire ‘700 rounds in a minute’ after Orlando attack

Rep.Alan Grayson claims AR-15s can fire ‘700 rounds in a minute’ after Orlando attack

“If [Mr. Mateen] was not able to buy a weapon that shoots off 700 rounds in a minute, a lot of those people would still be alive,” the congressman said. “If somebody like him had nothing worse to deal with than a Glock pistol … he might have killed three or four people and not 50. It’s way too easy to kill people in America today, and we have to think long and hard about what to do about that.”
    [ ... ]
    “For the new big guy in my first unit back in the ‘70s, naturally I had the distinct honor of ‘humping the pig’ right away. The belt fed M60A1 machine gun had a rate of fire of 650 rounds per minute,” another reader said. “Naturally, when the truth does not tell the story in accordance to an agenda, a handy lie will work.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...fire-700-roun/

High powered rounds too! There is no end to the depths of their ignorance. Time for universal military service conscription as a condition of franchise.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-13-2016 at 02:54 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    “If [Mr. Mateen] was not able to buy a weapon that shoots off 700 rounds in a minute, a lot of those people would still be alive,” the congressman said. “If somebody like him had nothing worse to deal with than a Glock pistol … he might have killed three or four people and not 50. It’s way too easy to kill people in America today, and we have to think long and hard about what to do about that.” ...
    I'm selling my AR-15! I can only crank out 600 rounds per minute with the piece of junk!!

Dirty, rotten, gun manufacturers sold me a bill of goods!

But... The Glock that he says kills acceptable amounts of people operates and fires exactly "as fast" as the AR-15...?

Both semi-auto. Both fire a bullet one time when you pull the trigger...

Same thing...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Scary congressman should be banned. For the children.
    “We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand

"free people ought...to be armed." In so doing we grasp the larger lesson that the ability to defend ourselves is part and parcel to our freedom. George Washington , January 7, 1790

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    “If [Mr. Mateen] was not able to buy a weapon that shoots off 700 rounds in a minute, a lot of those people would still be alive,” the congressman said. --snipped--
    "A semi-automatic like the Bushmaster AR-15 XM15-E2S has a maximum effective rate of fire of 45 rounds per minute, according to its manual."
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ho...rticle/2593740
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

State Researcher
    700 rounds per minute, 3 hours before SWAT responds, and "only" ~50 dead? The terrorist was a terrible shot.

At 180 minutes before any armed response, a guy with a Revolutionary War ere flintlock musket could have shot 50 times.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    I'm selling my AR-15! I can only crank out 600 rounds per minute with the piece of junk!!

since it is defective...my best offer is a buck three ninety eight.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    The effectiveness of the AR weapon system is a proven winner. That's the system I want.

Who can argue about that?

Lizzurds don't want you to be able to effectively defend yourself while supporting gov't officials being able to.

Tell a lizzurd "Hey, I want that gun !" when they complain about ARs/other effective guns.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	liberal.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	13141  
    Last edited by F350; 06-13-2016 at 09:40 PM.

f350...you win...hands down...caught me completely unawares with the JPG and now can't stop laughing and chuckling...

well played sir...

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 06-13-2016 at 09:49 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    700 rounds per minute, 3 hours before SWAT responds, and "only" ~50 dead? The terrorist was a terrible shot.

At 180 minutes before any armed response, a guy with a Revolutionary War ere flintlock musket could have shot 50 times.

Charles
    the response was immediate.

he was engaged by an off-duty officer prior to entry into the building.

and police officers returned fire as he took hostages into the bathroom.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    the response was immediate.

he was engaged by an off-duty officer prior to entry into the building.

and police officers returned fire as he took hostages into the bathroom.
    When did he murder the 49 victims?

Timelines on these kinds of events often take a little while to come to full light.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post

You did not get the bayonet attachment that can kill 1000 people before requiring to be reloaded.

When did he murder the 49 victims?

Timelines on these kinds of events often take a little while to come to full light.

Charles
    he was inside for 3 hours...i'm sure that's plenty of time.

shots were heard at 2am on a snapchat video from someone inside.

panic ensues....over 350 rush to escape a building that is dark and they aren't familiar with layout.

someone holds the door shut so people can't leave.

multiple witnesses say there was more than one shooter.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    he was inside for 3 hours...i'm sure that's plenty of time.

shots were heard at 2am on a snapchat video from someone inside.

panic ensues....over 350 rush to escape a building that is dark and they aren't familiar with layout.

someone holds the door shut so people can't leave.

multiple witnesses say there was more than one shooter.
    Waiting for confirmation on that. A conspiracy?

Arrest imminent? Manhunt/womanhunt in progress?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Authorities expect to make arrest in Pulse nightclub mass shooting case

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Waiting for confirmation on that. A conspiracy? Arrest imminent? Manhunt/womanhunt in progress?
    Investigators looking into Sunday’s horrific Pulse nightclub shooting are saying they are “expecting” to make an arrest in the case but are being tight lipped about who, why, or how a suspect could be connected to the slayings.

The Pulse nightclub shooter, Omar Mateen, 29, was killed in a shootout with police, but not before killing 49 people and injuring 53 at the club Sunday.

Authorities have said the individual, or individuals, they are investigating do not pose an imminent threat.

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/autho...case/341892374
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

It takes a while to organize a good story to make them look like heros, which isn't contra-indicated by the evidence. With only one entity allowed to examine the evidence, I never believe what they have to say. Why keep it all secret? Oversight forbidden?

Witnesses agree, the cops hung around outside while he took hostages and killed people for 3 hours.

I guess, after much orchestration, an "official report" will erase that?
    Last edited by ixtow; 06-17-2016 at 09:59 PM.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.