Thread: Traveling

Traveling

Taking a trip to Alanta on Thursday wanted to know if I could bring my firearm and open carry it once there? Don't wanna get in any trouble and I'll be driving there.

OC with a permit; your NC CHP would cover you (not needed for long guns). Check the Georgia sub-forum, and maybe post your question there. Have a safe trip.
    Last edited by bc.cruiser; 06-13-2016 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    OC with a permit; your NC CHP would cover you (not needed for long guns). Check the Georgia sub-forum, and maybe post your question there. Have a safe trip.
    unfortunately BC, the OP being 18 makes it tough to use 'his NC CHP'... huh...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Dog View Post
    Taking a trip to Alanta on Thursday wanted to know if I could bring my firearm and open carry it once there? Don't wanna get in any trouble and I'll be driving there.
    No OC for thee in Georgia. They require a permit to carry.
    South Carolina and Tennessee are off your list also.
    http://www.opencarry.org/maps/map-op...oaded-handgun/
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-13-2016 at 10:04 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Thanks guys and I had a LEO tell me earlier today I wasn't allowed to purchase a pistol (private or FFL) and that the Durham courthouse issued me PPP as a Mistake and it wasn't valid! He was very rude

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Dog View Post
    Thanks guys and I had a LEO tell me earlier today I wasn't allowed to purchase a pistol (private or FFL) and that the Durham courthouse issued me PPP as a Mistake and it wasn't valid! He was very rude
    Want to have some fun and educate the officer at the same time? = file a complaint with his department requesting that he be retrained on the subject.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-13-2016 at 10:33 PM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Want to have some fun and educate the officer at the same time? = file a complaint with his department requesting that he be retrained on the subject.
    That sounds very fun thanks for that tip!