Thread: Watch lists ineffective, yet FBI Comey still defends.

Watch lists ineffective, yet FBI Comey still defends.

But Mateen was removed from the watch list shortly after the closure of the investigation, so his legal purchase this month of two firearms raised no alarms. The owner of the gun store said Mateen passed a full background check in June.
    “Certainly in retrospect in this case, we would have liked to have known about it,” Ms. Yates said Monday of the firearms purchase.

Asked whether she thought policy should be changed to allow flagging of suspects who purchase firearms after they have been dropped from watch lists, Ms. Yates [ US Deputy Attorney General Sally Yaters ]said it was a determination that would take a “longer and more thoughtful look.” [my emphasis]

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...omar-mateen-i/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Just another way of denying rights.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Banned
    BR checks ... that will solve all these issues. BR checks violate your RKBA. All freemen can purchase...

I cannot see why the guy could not purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    [ ... ]I cannot see why the guy could not purchase.
    He could and did legally. Background checks DO NOT infringe RKABA.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I think so. Start a thread on the matter if you so desire. I need no further information to understand why BR chks violate my rights.

If a background check results in a denial of purchase, even though the individual has no valid reason not to own or carry in our society, then the background check most certainly did infringe on the individual's right to keep and bear arms.

The idea that background checks never generate any false positives is ludicrous. A number of threads on this forum indicate that people have been wrongly tagged.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

State Researcher
    They most certainly infringe prior restraint. And if your name ever shows up on the list in error, you'll probably believe your RKBA has been infringed.

How about this: Those who can't purchase a gun are kept in prison or secure mental hospitals. Those who are allowed to walk the streets unsupervised are allowed to buy, sell, manufacture, own, and carry on their person the firearms of their choosing without government infringement.

They also get to attend church if they'd like, read or publish newspapers, peacefully assemble, be free from unreasonable search and seizure, access an attorney if accused of a crime, and be secure in their person, papers, and effects, among other modest rights.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    How about this: Those who can't purchase a gun are kept in prison or secure mental hospitals. Those who are allowed to walk the streets unsupervised are allowed to buy, sell, manufacture, own, and carry on their person the firearms of their choosing without government infringement.

They also get to attend church if they'd like, read or publish newspapers, peacefully assemble, be free from unreasonable search and seizure, access an attorney if accused of a crime, and be secure in their person, papers, and effects, among other modest rights.

Charles
    Sounds like a plan, Charles. A great plan, in fact, one conceived about, oh... 240 years ago.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.