Thread: Open carry with the Pink Pistols at upcoming gay pride festivals!

Exclamation Open carry with the Pink Pistols at upcoming gay pride festivals!

Why isn't there hundreds of posts about this? I already checked with the chapter here in Olympia, WA and they were extremely welcoming to having me rally with them, even though I'm a straight guy, and they said some of their members are straight. I checked first as I didn't want to just show up at one of these things by myself carrying a rifle for obvious reasons.

Open Carry activists really should be jumping on this and educating "the gays" that they can choose to not be victims of violence. If we don't do something then they will listen to idiots like Perez Hilton, gay celebrity gossip columnist, who said the NRA has blood on its hands in regard to the Orlando terrorist attack. Quick being a wuss and get in touch with your local Pink Pistols group, throw on a bright pink bandana and go open carry with them at a gay pride event!

I think ALL law-abiding Americans should be able to carry firearms (despite what the federal courts are now saying) even if I may think some of their lifestyles are weird.

Banned
    Welcome to the forum.

If they have not learned anything about GFZ and their RKBA after Orlando I don't know what you can say to further edumicate them...but have at it.

Now get ready for the comments below

Quote Originally Posted by Kage View Post
    Why isn't there hundreds of posts about this? I already checked with the chapter here in Olympia, WA and they were extremely welcoming to having me rally with them, even though I'm a straight guy, and they said some of their members are straight. I checked first as I didn't want to just show up at one of these things by myself carrying a rifle for obvious reasons.

Open Carry activists really should be jumping on this and educating "the gays" that they can choose to not be victims of violence. If we don't do something then they will listen to idiots like Perez Hilton, gay celebrity gossip columnist, who said the NRA has blood on its hands in regard to the Orlando terrorist attack. Quick being a wuss and get in touch with your local Pink Pistols group, throw on a bright pink bandana and go open carry with them at a gay pride event!

I think ALL law-abiding Americans should be able to carry firearms (despite what the federal courts are now saying) even if I may think some of their lifestyles are weird.
    Thank you so much for providing a link to the organization, and explaining what it is for those who don't know!

You're welcome to come to Cincinnati, which doesn't have a Pink Pistols chapter, unfortunately.

https://www.facebook.com/events/821925911245594/

Gun free zones are just a suggestion at least here in WA we have a very short list of places that are unlawful to carry, anywhere else they can only ask you to leave if they catch you. I concealed carry all day every day.

I just figure there's 2% of the entire us population (6 million people?) that all of the sudden might be interested in protecting themselves. We know from the success of Donald Trump that the media and politicians are clueless as to what the population needs or wants.

I will vote TRUMP to trump the PC establishment. TRUMP is the anti-establishment vote.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I will vote TRUMP to trump the PC establishment. TRUMP is the anti-establishment vote.
    Amen.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kage View Post
    Why isn't there hundreds of posts about this?
    Because it's just not all that interesting. Kudos for carrying, though, regardless of the color of your firearm.

Open Carry activists really should be jumping on this and educating "the gays" that they can choose to not be victims of violence.
    We have. For example, I have noted on this forum and several others that out of the 300+ people in the club, not one was known to be carrying a firearm. Same thing happens in just about every "successful" mass shooting: All the victims are unarmed. Similarly, when attempted mass shooters encounter armed citizens, the mass shooting rarely reaches the FBI's criteria for a "mass" shooting. The obvious solution, a point which I made abundantly clear, is that if you don't want to be a victim, be armed. Stay away from the so-called "gun-free zones." The only thing that's free about such death-traps is the ride to the morgue.

If we don't do something then they will listen to idiots like Perez Hilton, gay celebrity gossip columnist, who said the NRA has blood on its hands in regard to the Orlando terrorist attack.
    If that's what they want to believe, then so be it. I find it incredibly stupid, but that's my opinion.

Quick being a wuss and get in touch with your local Pink Pistols group, throw on a bright pink bandana and go open carry with them at a gay pride event!
    No, and by saying so, I am most certainly NOT a "wuss."

Agreed.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I am very supportive of helping educate any marginalized or minority group as to 2A. I'm always glad to see the growth of women in shooting sports and legal ownership. I hope to see the same growth among LGBQ and minority groups for similar reasons.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

kage, et al., might wish to review this thread which opened with a video before you get so gun ho up carrying your long rifle...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...o-public-event

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=80a_1434851197

just saying...

provided to remind folks with short memories about the events last year's oly pride event and firearms.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 06-16-2016 at 12:03 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

That demographic is infested with liberals.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Every claim of exceptionalism and privilege further divides US. We as a nation are exceptional, we as individuals are all created equal, after that it's dog-eat-dog.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.