• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry with the Pink Pistols at upcoming gay pride festivals!

Kage

Why isn't there hundreds of posts about this? I already checked with the chapter here in Olympia, WA and they were extremely welcoming to having me rally with them, even though I'm a straight guy, and they said some of their members are straight. I checked first as I didn't want to just show up at one of these things by myself carrying a rifle for obvious reasons.

Open Carry activists really should be jumping on this and educating "the gays" that they can choose to not be victims of violence. If we don't do something then they will listen to idiots like Perez Hilton, gay celebrity gossip columnist, who said the NRA has blood on its hands in regard to the Orlando terrorist attack. Quick being a wuss and get in touch with your local Pink Pistols group, throw on a bright pink bandana and go open carry with them at a gay pride event!

I think ALL law-abiding Americans should be able to carry firearms (despite what the federal courts are now saying) even if I may think some of their lifestyles are weird.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Welcome to the forum.

If they have not learned anything about GFZ and their RKBA after Orlando I don't know what you can say to further edumicate them...but have at it.

Now get ready for the comments below :)

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Why isn't there hundreds of posts about this? I already checked with the chapter here in Olympia, WA and they were extremely welcoming to having me rally with them, even though I'm a straight guy, and they said some of their members are straight. I checked first as I didn't want to just show up at one of these things by myself carrying a rifle for obvious reasons.

Open Carry activists really should be jumping on this and educating "the gays" that they can choose to not be victims of violence. If we don't do something then they will listen to idiots like Perez Hilton, gay celebrity gossip columnist, who said the NRA has blood on its hands in regard to the Orlando terrorist attack. Quick being a wuss and get in touch with your local Pink Pistols group, throw on a bright pink bandana and go open carry with them at a gay pride event!

I think ALL law-abiding Americans should be able to carry firearms (despite what the federal courts are now saying) even if I may think some of their lifestyles are weird.
Thank you so much for providing a link to the organization, and explaining what it is for those who don't know! :uhoh: :uhoh:

You're welcome to come to Cincinnati, which doesn't have a Pink Pistols chapter, unfortunately.

https://www.facebook.com/events/821925911245594/

Kage

Gun free zones are just a suggestion :) at least here in WA we have a very short list of places that are unlawful to carry, anywhere else they can only ask you to leave if they catch you. I concealed carry all day every day.

I just figure there's 2% of the entire us population (6 million people?) that all of the sudden might be interested in protecting themselves. We know from the success of Donald Trump that the media and politicians are clueless as to what the population needs or wants.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Why isn't there hundreds of posts about this?

Because it's just not all that interesting. Kudos for carrying, though, regardless of the color of your firearm.

Open Carry activists really should be jumping on this and educating "the gays" that they can choose to not be victims of violence.

We have. For example, I have noted on this forum and several others that out of the 300+ people in the club, not one was known to be carrying a firearm. Same thing happens in just about every "successful" mass shooting: All the victims are unarmed. Similarly, when attempted mass shooters encounter armed citizens, the mass shooting rarely reaches the FBI's criteria for a "mass" shooting. The obvious solution, a point which I made abundantly clear, is that if you don't want to be a victim, be armed. Stay away from the so-called "gun-free zones." The only thing that's free about such death-traps is the ride to the morgue.

If we don't do something then they will listen to idiots like Perez Hilton, gay celebrity gossip columnist, who said the NRA has blood on its hands in regard to the Orlando terrorist attack.

If that's what they want to believe, then so be it. I find it incredibly stupid, but that's my opinion.

Quick being a wuss and get in touch with your local Pink Pistols group, throw on a bright pink bandana and go open carry with them at a gay pride event!

No, and by saying so, I am most certainly NOT a "wuss."

Agreed.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I am very supportive of helping educate any marginalized or minority group as to 2A. I'm always glad to see the growth of women in shooting sports and legal ownership. I hope to see the same growth among LGBQ and minority groups for similar reasons.

solus

Last edited: