Thread: No fly, no buy

No fly, no buy

Listing to the radio, there is the proposed law saying that if you're on the no fly list then you should not be able to buy guns.

Just a heads up, they are bringing up this horrible idea again.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Listing to the radio, there is the proposed law saying that if you're on the no fly list then you should not be able to buy guns. Just a heads up, they are bringing up this horrible idea again.
    It has already been demonstrated as ineffective by Mateen that was on a watch list and dropped. The logical extension proposal has been made already, that if one has ever been on a watch list then one is prohibited guns.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    There was an article I read today that said the shooter was a registered DEMOCRAT. I wonder why the lamestream isn't talking about that?
    because it's irrelevant?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    because it's irrelevant?
    Yep, only relevant if a registered Republican.

do we really, really think that this will pass ANY bit of constitutional muster? since it's not a 2nd amendment issue, it's a 5th amendment one.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

The courts have repeatedly upheld the persistence of rights even while under suspicion. Personally, I don't see how the government gets away with banning people from flying.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by OC4me View Post
    Yep, only relevant if a registered Republican.
    +1 MSM bias is strong in such things
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    There was an article I read today that said the shooter was a registered DEMOCRAT. I wonder why the lamestream isn't talking about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    because it's irrelevant?
    To the mainstream media, everything is irrelevant that doesn't advance their preferred narrative.

So, religious affiliation is irrelevant....unless the bad guy was a Christian. Imagine how the whole hate crimes angle would be going if the shooter in Orlando had been an Evangelical?

Sexual orientation is irrelevant...unless the bad guy was heterosexual.

National origin is irrelevant...unless the bad guy is a natural born US citizen. Double points if he is from the South or any rural area.

Political affiliation is irrelevant....unless the bad guy is a conservative, gun loving, Bible thumping, Bambi shooting Republican.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

The contents of the list will not be divulged. You do not know you are on the list. You do not have any mechanism to have your name removed from the list.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnScotsman View Post
    Of course, gun control is the NRA's bread and butter. If the 2A were ever actually recognized as it was intended they would be out of business.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I think that the whole idea is garbage but, it is what sheeple are asking for.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

More republican gun control on the way? Democrats are scum, but at least they're honest about it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    More republican gun control on the way? Democrats are scum, but at least they're honest about it.
    There is no effective difference among the Ruling Parties.

Read Angelo Codevilla's essay America's Ruling Class -- And the Perils of Revolution

http://spectator.org/39326_americas-...ls-revolution/

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    The courts have repeatedly upheld the persistence of rights even while under suspicion. Personally, I don't see how the government gets away with banning people from flying.
    That's why they should attach National Reciprocity. It'll either be a poison pill or it'll become law while the no-fly portion gets struck by the courts.

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    That's why they should attach National Reciprocity. It'll either be a poison pill or it'll become law while the no-fly portion gets struck by the courts.
    +1

called DC Senate offices and submitted web page messages to my Senators

This is what I sent to my Senators Nelson and Rubio. I also called their DC offices. 202-224-3121 is the main Senate switchboard.

I would like you to reject all, non Constitutional bills, including gun control, and faithfully fulfill your sworn oath to defend and protect the Constitution.

I would also like you to work to repeal the 'gun free zones' bills that have put American lives at risk by preventing owners, their employees who have concealed weapon permits from carrying them on their premises. People on the spot are the first responders.

Almost every mass shooting in the last 20+ years has been in gun free zones. The blood of all the victims is equally on the politicians that introduced these flawed and failed laws and, despite numerous events, have refused to repeal them. Their motives for not doing so are calculating and despicable.

With reference to talk about people on the no fly list being prevented from buying guns. Again, follow the Constitution. There are over 2 million people on the do not fly list. Ted Kennedy was on for 6-months. People don't know how they got on. There is no way to get off. Having your rights taken away without being detained, charged, facing your accusers in court and being found guilty is an outrageous breach of Constitutional protections, due process and if you support a bill proposing this, dereliction of duty and your sworn oath.

Besides, the Orlando shooter had a weapon permit, a G-security guard permit and went through at least Two background check and fingerprinting and wasn't on the no fly list.

You don't find people guilty by association, by what they wear or the products they use.
    Otherwise, all moslem's are guilty for Orlando. Perhaps you will ban moslem's.

I hope you take my point.

Wishing you all the best and pray for your safety.