• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No fly, no buy

Freedom1Man

Listing to the radio, there is the proposed law saying that if you're on the no fly list then you should not be able to buy guns.

Just a heads up, they are bringing up this horrible idea again.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

hammer6

do we really, really think that this will pass ANY bit of constitutional muster? since it's not a 2nd amendment issue, it's a 5th amendment one.

since9

Campaign Veteran
The courts have repeatedly upheld the persistence of rights even while under suspicion. Personally, I don't see how the government gets away with banning people from flying.

utbagpiper

Banned
There was an article I read today that said the shooter was a registered DEMOCRAT. I wonder why the lamestream isn't talking about that?

because it's irrelevant?

To the mainstream media, everything is irrelevant that doesn't advance their preferred narrative.

So, religious affiliation is irrelevant....unless the bad guy was a Christian. Imagine how the whole hate crimes angle would be going if the shooter in Orlando had been an Evangelical?

Sexual orientation is irrelevant...unless the bad guy was heterosexual.

National origin is irrelevant...unless the bad guy is a natural born US citizen. Double points if he is from the South or any rural area.

Political affiliation is irrelevant....unless the bad guy is a conservative, gun loving, Bible thumping, Bambi shooting Republican.

Charles

OC for ME

The contents of the list will not be divulged. You do not know you are on the list. You do not have any mechanism to have your name removed from the list.

77zach

More republican gun control on the way? Democrats are scum, but at least they're honest about it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

press1280

The courts have repeatedly upheld the persistence of rights even while under suspicion. Personally, I don't see how the government gets away with banning people from flying.

That's why they should attach National Reciprocity. It'll either be a poison pill or it'll become law while the no-fly portion gets struck by the courts.

marrandy

called DC Senate offices and submitted web page messages to my Senators

This is what I sent to my Senators Nelson and Rubio. I also called their DC offices. 202-224-3121 is the main Senate switchboard.

I would like you to reject all, non Constitutional bills, including gun control, and faithfully fulfill your sworn oath to defend and protect the Constitution.

I would also like you to work to repeal the 'gun free zones' bills that have put American lives at risk by preventing owners, their employees who have concealed weapon permits from carrying them on their premises. People on the spot are the first responders.

Almost every mass shooting in the last 20+ years has been in gun free zones. The blood of all the victims is equally on the politicians that introduced these flawed and failed laws and, despite numerous events, have refused to repeal them. Their motives for not doing so are calculating and despicable.

With reference to talk about people on the no fly list being prevented from buying guns. Again, follow the Constitution. There are over 2 million people on the do not fly list. Ted Kennedy was on for 6-months. People don't know how they got on. There is no way to get off. Having your rights taken away without being detained, charged, facing your accusers in court and being found guilty is an outrageous breach of Constitutional protections, due process and if you support a bill proposing this, dereliction of duty and your sworn oath.

Besides, the Orlando shooter had a weapon permit, a G-security guard permit and went through at least Two background check and fingerprinting and wasn't on the no fly list.

You don't find people guilty by association, by what they wear or the products they use.
Otherwise, all moslem's are guilty for Orlando. Perhaps you will ban moslem's.

I hope you take my point.

Wishing you all the best and pray for your safety.