• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Facebook Group - Unapologetic Open Carry

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Anyone here belong to that group?

Trying to figure out why the hell I got booted out. My last comment replied to someone who prefers to conceal for tactical advantage, and my comment said while I recognize your point, I disagree, but the whole point is to carry.

When I went back to see the "xxx has replied to your comment" I was told I was no longer a member of the group.

solus

not sure i would equate snowflake and tess in the same breath...

just saying...eh?

(i am now in sooo much trouble aren't i??:uhoh:)

ipse

BB62

Accomplished Advocate

Trying to figure out why the hell I got booted out. My last comment replied to someone who prefers to conceal for tactical advantage, and my comment said while I recognize your point, I disagree, but the whole point is to carry.

When I went back to see the "xxx has replied to your comment" I was told I was no longer a member of the group.
Yes, I'm a member - I thought!

I thought I saw a notification earlier today that the group was made Secret, but now I can't find it on the list of groups I'm a member of!

And, *I* was behaving myself! :rolleyes:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
not sure i would equate snowflake and tess in the same breath...

just saying...eh?

(i am now in sooo much trouble aren't i??:uhoh:)

ipse

Man, I sure wouldn't have the courage to try that, either.

"Yes, ma'am. No ma'am. Thank you ma'am." Some people just command respect.

Even though they don't demand it, or even ask for it.

since9

Campaign Veteran

Might you have a link? All searches on Facebook are coming up blank: "We couldn't find anything for Unapologetic Open Carry." Even a Google search could find nothing. Perhaps Facebook took it down?

ETA: When I hand-jammed it into the URL, all I got was, "This content is currently unavailable. The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Might you have a link? All searches on Facebook are coming up blank: "We couldn't find anything for Unapologetic Open Carry." Even a Google search could find nothing. Perhaps Facebook took it down?

ETA: When I hand-jammed it into the URL, all I got was, "This content is currently unavailable. The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

No, no link.

"Secret" facebook groups don't come up in searches, and others can't see that you're a member. You have to be invited to join. I did send another request, because I was able to promote OC there, but with no response.

Most likely, the moderators/admins just want their own group of cronies. That happens a lot on facebook.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
If you want to join a group, join Moms demand unarmed victims.

That group allows free discussion.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I do belong to several groups (including the Liberal Patriot Gun Club) that are pro-gun, despite their politics on other issues. I keep getting kicked out of the anti-gun ones <grin>.

WalkingWolf

No bashing, I just don't do facebook. My wife does and IMO it is the most silly site I have ever seen. Nothing but gossip, more gossip, and more gossip. Toss in talk of what they eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and there latest bowel movement~~No Thank You.

HPmatt

A few months ago Matt Drudge did a rare interview - he is of the opinion, and I agree, that by using Facebook, Twitter, or other Public Company websites, you end up giving editorial control to the company. I agree with that as well as making it easy for the Federal Government to snoop on what you are saying - not Constitutional. There is probably enough of a digital trail anyway - credit card purchases, website browsing history, various website comments using Google or Disqus, etc. Why make it easy and as Hickok45 saw - step on FB toes and they can take your business down. Extend a little further and if the US gives control of Internet Registry to ICANN, you'll have the United Nations controlling internet speech, websites and web access.

sudden valley gunner

No bashing, I just don't do facebook. My wife does and IMO it is the most silly site I have ever seen. Nothing but gossip, more gossip, and more gossip. Toss in talk of what they eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and there latest bowel movement~~No Thank You.

It can be a pretty good tool for discussion.

It also can be great for quickly organizing events. Especially in protest.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
If you want to join a group, join Moms demand unarmed victims.

That group allows free discussion.

This is Truth!! I joined Moms against everything: and I get invited to their meets on a regular basis. Last time we went, there were two "invited" and eight of us with guns. Good conversation.

It can be a pretty good tool for discussion.

It also can be great for quickly organizing events. Especially in protest.

We use our fazeboog page (see below) as a general gun info, and a way to disseminate info about local happenings. Works for us.